Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you sell on fleabay best stock up on vaseline

Because the dodgy buyers are gonna love this
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

I'm afraid i agree with the new policy (or soon to be policy) I have negative feedback only because I've ousted some dodgy sellers and they in return have left negative feedback for me. Even though I've paid for my items.

I am self employed and deal with customers every day, I dont have the benefit of reading feedback from other contractors regarding that customer. Its a chance i take and have put in place systems which protect me in case theres a problem.
    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

You should try running a proper business on eBay. This latest loony policy (and eBay have developed loads recently, which you wont see being a 'hobby' user) would probably deter me from ever getting involved in another business operating on eBay.

It's already HUGELY slewed in favour of buyers, and this will put loads of people off. The general public contains a huge amount of total numpties, and business users will be hit pretty badly by this. Who do you think will be hit hardest by negative feedback rigging (it does happen) against a seller if the seller cant hit back? A business could be ruined, and the owner has no comeback.

We've complained to eBay probably a dozen times regarding fraud, vindictive buyers, slander etc and have NEVER had any kind of help or closure. eBay do not give a 5hit as long as they get their money. Thats all this move is about too.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

looks like i wont be selling much more on ebay , i will still buy container loads though !

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
          You should try running a proper business on eBay. This latest loony policy (and eBay have developed loads recently, which you wont see being a 'hobby' user) would probably deter me from ever getting involved in another business operating on eBay.

It's already HUGELY slewed in favour of buyers, and this will put loads of people off. The general public contains a huge amount of total numpties, and business users will be hit pretty badly by this. Who do you think will be hit hardest by negative feedback rigging (it does happen) against a seller if the seller cant hit back? A business could be ruined, and the owner has no comeback.

We've complained to eBay probably a dozen times regarding fraud, vindictive buyers, slander etc and have NEVER had any kind of help or closure. eBay do not give a 5hit as long as they get their money. Thats all this move is about too.

I totally understand your point.
          All I'm saying is where else apart from e-bay can you as a professional seller get prior information about your potential customer.
          Apart from credit scoreing.
          Its all part of doing business and the risks you take.
          Isint it?
          私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Not really, because it means its not a level playing field anymore.

It means (if it was a shop) that someone could come in, and hand over a pile of counterfeit cash, and I wouldn't be able to tell the shop next door. The 'dodgy buyer' would be able to go from shop to shop, scamming away, and no-one would be able to do anything. And if he was feeling like being a tw@t, he could badmouth me to everyone he met too, and I'd have to take it up the ar$e.

No, its wrong, and I wont be selling on eBay in the future. eBay themselves are becoming scamming tw@ts, so this doesn't surprise me one bit.

Comment

Ebay said "If a buyer doesn't pay, the seller can easily contact eBay, we will review any complaint and maybe remove the buyer," a spokesman said.

what a crock! So if a buyer has purchased 900 items and then leave a couple of negative feedbacks they get canned?

EH, NO! too much business pennies at risk Ebay.
              Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Got to agree with Apache on this one, it's downright unfair.
                Alan

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                  Ebay said "If a buyer doesn't pay, the seller can easily contact eBay, we will review any complaint and maybe remove the buyer," a spokesman said.

What a joke! We've been conned by buyers probably 20 or 30 times in 4 years, probably to the tune of a total of £750 or so. EACH TIME eBay have been totally ineffectual, offering 'standard emails' to us. PayPal is a waste of time too, telling us we 'should have checked the buyer was genuine'. Erm, guess who own PayPal? Yeah, eBay - that'd be right!

eBay seem to side with the buyer all of the time, probably cos its easier, and they dont want to give us any money back. Well, after Vicki clears the last of the stock, they can blow it out their ar$e as they say.

Comment

Well as you said, I'm only a hobby user of e-bay and if these new policies will negatively effect sellers like yourself to the point of ceasing trading, then thats no benefit to anyone. including honest buyers like me. I hope e-bay changes its mind.
                    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Completely agree with Apache.

This new rule is rubbish, I have just started selling stuff on ebay... old baby toy's etc... I have only sold 6 items and have already been a victim of a ar5e of a buyer.... collected the item, then left negative feedback that delivery and communication was poor! I talked to him on the phone within an hour of the auction ending, then HE COLLECTED THE BL00DY THING about 2 hours later!

Now come on, how is that slow at all!

Complained to ebay about the buyer and 'they dont get involved in feedback unless it contains vulgarity etc'

I had already left him feedback so could not warn others of this idiot... untill i learned how to follow up comments!

Easy answer is that just because comments might be in green with a + next to them doesn''t mean the comment itself has to be positive.. we will just have to read more of them!

I now won't leave feedback for others untill it has been recieved
                      Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

I left neg feedback as a buyer because seller never sent the item after lots of emails and so on.

anyhow, he left neg feedback (and basically called me a liar) then guess what! he's no longer a registered user and I still have neg feedback.

I still think the opportunity top have your say should stay in place and neg and pos feedback is equally important to buyers and sellers alike.
                        Alan

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                          I still think the opportunity top have your say should stay in place and neg and pos feedback is equally important to buyers and sellers alike.
                          In a fair system, true. However, Ebay/Paypal couldn't give a toss about fairness as long as they're making profit. I've always thought they're bent as a nine bob note, which is why I've never used them.

Comment

They weren't always like this, but eBay / PayPal have got very greedy over the last few years - sellers fees are going up AGAIN shortly. It used to be fun and reasonably profitable, but I think they're in danger of shooting themselves in the foot now with excessive fees, and extremely poor customer service.

Comment

we should start listing stuff on here... seling to people we know so no feedback problems... the equivelent of ebay fees to the forum as donation?? much easier and reises cash for koi's beer fund also!
                              Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

Working...
                              X