X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camskill - p.s. Ive lost my mind!

Tyres arrived this morning....

5 x BFG MT's ... check out the size!!

Weeks - in fact! MONTHS of research on offsets - lifts - actual tyre sizes - an a bundle of help off Sparkz (cheers bud ) has led me to this purchase!!

If you have a 2.4 on 35's feel free to tell me it will suck!!! I know its going to be slow, i know its going to be bad - ive done all my research ( i hope )

So to hell with it! If its a horrible mistake i'll sell them an get 33's if not -- i'll be loving it!!!!

they are MASSIVE

Once again - i have a big lift!! the rims choosen have an offset that should work fine with 35's the winch bumper gives me extra clearance around the front an if i remove/trim the mudflap an do a small amount of "beating the crud outta it" they should fit... (infamous last words!! )

So go ahead tell me im a fool, I know its coming! But im lovin these tyres!!

*again a huge thank you to sparks whos beared with my sh!t questions an given me prices on regearing - mpg will suck but i want a dodge ram, if i cant handle this - i cant handle the Ram*

*thats all... thank you *

EDIT : AHahrhrhahaa photobucket is being a total tw*t
    Last edited by RodLeach; 5 February 2008, 19:23.

Why are you posting and not out fitting them and taking some pic to show us?? come on get it right! we all know that 2.4s are slow but that's not an issue when your bouncing around off road, which is the reason for the big tyres anyway!!!
    it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Originally posted by drunkmonkeyboy View Post
      Why are you posting and not out fitting them and taking some pic to show us?? come on get it right! we all know that 2.4s are slow but that's not an issue when your bouncing around off road, which is the reason for the big tyres anyway!!!
      taking them tomorrow afternoon to get fitted! so i'll do a little write up thing of stock - to now

Comment

pics dont work!!!!

cant wait to see these!!
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
          pics dont work!!!!
          I know!! Thats pi$$ed me right off!!

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
          cant wait to see these!!
          the pics dont do them justice. Once ive got the mounted shots! thats when its going to shine

EDIT: PICS!!!! they work!

Comment

Sweet i will look out for the pics!

Comment

They look huge!!! i want some!!!

Comment

They look fanbl00dytastic mate, what rim's ya got? (i aint been keeping up)
                the steel ones?
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

You're mad as a sack of badgers!

I noticed a huge hit in grunt going to 33s with a 3.0!

Hope there's no hills where you live!

In all seriousness, was it Tony N telling us about someone with a 2.4 and 35s who had to use the low range box to get up any hills? Good luck though, you can always change the diffs...
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Ahh - photobucket site maintenance!

Who could've guessed that would be such a pain in the butt!

Anyway - for ages i was looking at getting the Super swamper LTB! 32.8" tall for a 33" tyre, not bad! but not at as cool as the super swamper TSL 33" - 33.7" tall!! NICE - but then i did some reading an they wear out in minutes (exageration) an are all but hell on the road - maybe not the best £750 spent perhaps!

Then i looked at BFG - i realised the bfg 35" is only 0.5" larger around the tyre then the TSL! its 34.8" tall! vs the standard 33 which is 32.8" (all measurements for fitment on a 10" wide rim)

So i decided i WILL make room for that extra 0.5" an save a wad of £££

Comment

Very nice RodLeach, respect
                      I Love Wales

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                        They look fanbl00dytastic mate, what rim's ya got? (i aint been keeping up)
                        the steel ones?
                        cheers mate! Yeah 15" x 10" black mods! they look great alone - wrapped in these its going to be great!!

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                        You're mad as a sack of badgers!

I noticed a huge hit in grunt going to 33s with a 3.0!

Hope there's no hills where you live!

In all seriousness, was it Tony N telling us about someone with a 2.4 and 35s who had to use the low range box to get up any hills? Good luck though, you can always change the diffs...
                        Cheers

There are a few hills around here -

i'll have to put a winch on the "things need buying" list so i can drag its sorry a$$ up them

Comment

Whats next Rod swap the axle and hubs to planetary gear set up to turn those
                          Will look the dogs none the less
                          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by 24Seven View Post
                            Very nice RodLeach, respect
                            Cheers mate!!
                            Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                            Whats next Rod swap the axle and hubs to planetary gear set up to turn those
                            Will look the dogs none the less
                            Ive got a mate whos running a 1.0ltr 94 Ford fiesta - if i need a tow im sure he will help out!!

It is going to look awesome!! If it sucks too much i'll just park it in my drive an look at it

Comment

I was only eyeing these up earlier today, wondering whether they'd go on on the right wheels being that much narrower and how much they'd rub.

http://www.devon4x4.com/component/op...howcaticons,no

oh for the days when i can afford to spend money on the truck
                              (being the pope ain't all that well paid these days)
                              =========
                              =SOLD UP!=
                              =========

Comment

Working...
                              X