wet carpet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wet carpet

every time it pours down with rain, the carpet in the drivers footwell gets damp/wet.

at first i thought it was the heater matrix but i dont lose any water at all now i have replaced the rad.
    i think it must be the sun roof, because sometimes i will get a drip on me if its been raining ages and i turn a bend.

its not coming through a hole in the floor because if i go through water, the carpet dont get wet this way.

has anyone else had this and fixed it? im not sure the best way to go about it.
    i was thinking kitchen/bathroom silicone sealant, running a bead along the front of the sun roof leaving it to go almost dry and then closing it.

what do we think?
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Think MattF had some trouble with water getting in, not sure what the prob was but make sure the drain from the air intake is free, it pokes out in line with the bottom of the AC rad behind the passenger side dash, small alloy elbow, other than that check the screen all round and door rubbers etc,

just noticed you have a sunroof, elimanate that first,

and if thats all ok you might want to take off the grill panel in front of the screen, then the plastic sives and check the drains either end are ok, thay take water out into the wings each side, and thats me out of ideas
    Last edited by POPEYE; 3 February 2008, 19:58.
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
      Think MattF had some trouble with water getting in, not sure what the prob was but make sure the drain from the air intake is free, it pokes out in line with the bottom of the AC rad behind the passenger side dash, small alloy elbow, other than that check the screen all round and door rubbers etc,

just noticed you have a sunroof, elimanate that first,

and if thats all ok you might want to take off the grill panel in front of the screen, then the plastic sives and check the drains either end are ok, thay take water out into the wings each side, and thats me out of ideas

hmmm interesting. didnt know there was so much it could be
      ta for the info!
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

could it be your wet shoes???
        Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes View Post
          could it be your wet shoes???
          I wish. but no, because I won't use the truck for a whole week, and when I get in its too wet to be from my shoes. dries out quick enough when I put the heater on, but stale rainwater pen and inks a bit :/
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I think the sunroof drains come down the A-pillars, my guess is one/both of these has got blocked somehow?
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
              I think the sunroof drains come down the A-pillars
              I think that is the clear plastic hose you can see when the footwell trim is removed. Maybe the drivers side has been moved and could be allowing water in the footwell. I'm fairly sure the hoses exit into the sill so worth a look.

Nev

Comment

Working...
              X