Picked the beast up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked the beast up!

Yes i got hold of the surf last weekend and i have spent the week getting the towbar and stereo fitted, and i have got to say that i am chuffed to bits with it!
    The car is going in on tuesday for full service and full belt change so i can rest easy at night without worrying if the timing belt will fail!

The only problem i have is selecting the window heater it will not blow in the windscreen no matter what combination of switches i press, does anyone have any suggestions before i pass the problem onto toyota when i get it serviced?
    Other than that everything appears to be working perfectly, although i am sure there must be a fuel leak somewhere (or at least i hope there is )i suppose thats gonna be a joy of 4x4 ownership!
    [IMG]http://www.yotasurf-online.co.uk/public/coppermine/albums/userpics/10024/surf3.jpg[/IMG]

Big 'n' beautiful!

Congrats, just need to post some piccies up. Wouldn't worry about the fuel leak the grin will soon overcome it.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Originally posted by fasteddie
      Yes i got hold of the surf last weekend and i have spent the week getting the towbar and stereo fitted, and i have got to say that i am chuffed to bits with it!
      The car is going in on tuesday for full service and full belt change so i can rest easy at night without worrying if the timing belt will fail!

The only problem i have is selecting the window heater it will not blow in the windscreen no matter what combination of switches i press, does anyone have any suggestions before i pass the problem onto toyota when i get it serviced?
      Other than that everything appears to be working perfectly, although i am sure there must be a fuel leak somewhere (or at least i hope there is )i suppose thats gonna be a joy of 4x4 ownership!
      I've got same problem with mine, some suggest that one of the cables maybe kinked that run from the switch motor to the selector flaps. I've tried all combinations and still cant get mine to work, Decided one of the selector flaps inside the unit may have become disconnected.

I've been through some pretty bad weather up here though, and if you put blowers on fast enough they'll clear the windows even if not blowing on to them. Try a search on here, some of the suggestions told to me may work for you.

Comment

Working...
      X