Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even if I say please I can't help reading this nonsense and its was killed off a long time ago
    Brian

Comment

• b

Comment

• o

Comment

• r

Comment

• i

Comment

• n

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                i
                boris?

Comment

• g

Comment

• Right, this is where the thread ends.

It is at the stage where those who are right, are right, and will be unable to convince those who are wrong that they are wrong.

People on both sides are directly contradicting themselves.

All the points that can be made have been made.

All the misunderstandings that can be misunderstood have been misunderstood, corrected, and continue to be misunderstood.

All the bizarre analogies that could be analogised have been.

All the basic principles of physics that can be bent to your will, have in fact been tied up in knots.

The discussion has been lively to say the least. It has (for the most part) been friendly. The discussion will no doubt linger on somehow, but right here, it is over. For those that participated, I thank you for your contributions. For those that just sat by and watched, please, next time, jump in and contribute. That is after all what a community like ours is all about.

I will close with this:

Any thought experiment that doesn't explicitly say that you are allowed to break specific laws of physics must obey the laws of physics. The reason it is done as a thought experiment is usually due to the fact that it is impractical for most people to carry out the real experiment in real life.

However, this experiment HAS been done in a manner that is as reasonably close to at least the spirit of the question as to make its outcome valid.

If you still don't think it'll fly, then please, watch someone as they apparently break the laws of physics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuXK1nr9_jg
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9STo3fjfGg

Until the next time.
                    Paul </Slugsie>
                    Immortal.so far!

Comment

Working...
                    X