This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
    right bollox, I'm done with this thread.
    No you're not
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

• Originally posted by MattF View Post
      Jeez, don't some get cranky. Simple point. Fixed ground reference point means both cancel each other out. Wheels or any other ancillaries are irrelevant. A fixed reference is a fixed reference, regardless of size/rotation ratios. It can't take off. Simple as. Unless it is a jumpjet, of course.
      Exactly.

Unless the wings are traveling forwards in relation to the air around them, it ain't going to take off.

The conveyor belt is computer controlled such that its speed is always the same as that of the aircraft - only backwards. I.e. If the aircraft is moving forwards at 10mph, then the conveyor will move backwards at 10mph. Will the aircraft be able to take off?
      That part of the original question seem to make it obvious to me?

The frigging plane isn't going anywhere in relation to the air around it, so the wings won't create any lift.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

• It's essentially a wheels thing, folk are getting drive and thrust mixed up. Think spatially and the plane will fly, think linearly and the plane will not fly.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyN View Post
          Exactly.

Unless the wings are traveling forwards in relation to the air around them, it ain't going to take off.

That part of the original question seem to make it obvious to me?

The frigging plane isn't going anywhere in relation to the air around it, so the wings won't create any lift.

ty tony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
          thats exactly wot i meant,and kerr and yosh,i didnt mention wheels!!!ffs,could be on castor wheels for all i care it has nothing to do with wheels!

Comment

• Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            It's essentially a wheels thing, folk are getting drive and thrust mixed up. Think spatially and the plane will fly, think linearly and the plane will not fly.
            if its on a conveyor,no matter how much gas/go/thrust u give it,all that will hapen is the wheels go round fast,but that will give u no lift,fact end of so there lol

Comment

• It will fly and i'm sticking to it
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

• It'll Fly..

Wheel speed is irrelevant, airspeed is what matters.

The thrust from the engine won't be through the wheels..

The thrust is pushing the plane through the air... not along the ground or conveyor, when it hits the correct air speed, it'll fly!

Great question, does anyone (Except me of course!) actually know the definate answer??
                Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyN View Post

The plane will move through the air around it due to the thrust from its engines, the fact it's on a moving runway is irrelevant. The engine thrust is acting on the air, which is reasonably stationary, not the runway or the wheels. The wheels are merely a means to allow frictionless (or as near as makes no difference) motion. If the runway were magnetic and the plane was being suspended by negative magnetic force, it would need no wheels and we'd not be having this discussion.

Comment

No you're not
                    LOL, your right I'm not finished!

i refer you to my earlier post about attaching a rope to the plane and pulling it while the conveyor does it's thing and the wheels on the plane turn.

if you pull the rope whats to stop the distance between you and the plane becoming less as you gather rope?

now swap rope and pull for engine and push.
                    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

The plane will move through the air around it due to the thrust from its engines, the fact it's on a moving runway is irrelevant. The engine thrust is acting on the air, which is reasonably stationary, not the runway or the wheels. The wheels are merely a means to allow frictionless (or as near as makes no difference) motion. If the runway were magnetic and the plane was being suspended by negative magnetic force, it would need no wheels and we'd not be having this discussion.
                      the engine wud push air,but it would not push the plane forward,only the wheels go round,plane remains still,how do u get lift from that?????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????? ????????

Comment

LOL Andy, I said exactly this to my brother today
                        Alan

Comment

• Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                          the engine wud push air,but it would not push the plane forward,only the wheels go round,plane remains still,how do u get lift from that?????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????? ????????
                          your doing this on purpose aren't you?
                          Alan

Comment

• Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                            LOL, your right I'm not finished!

i refer you to my earlier post about attaching a rope to the plane and pulling it while the conveyor does it's thing and the wheels on the plane turn.

if you pull the rope whats to stop the distance between you and the plane becoming less as you gather rope?

now swap rope and pull for engine and push.
                            a conveyor belt

Comment

• Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                              a conveyor belt
                              now I KNOW your taking the ####
                              Alan

Comment

• I see the "it will fly" count has gone up.
                                Alan

Comment

Working...
                                X