steering recall done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steering recall done

had the recall on the steering done today n seems more stiffer, not all over the place now like it was.
    n you guess it no freebies of toyota dealer no car wash no champage,no fuel etc still spose it got done n thats the main thing, so anyone in cornwall dont go to the one in truro on the a30 find another n try them.
    guy told me im lucky to have it done as theyve turned surfs away telling them to contact toyotagb n said he never heard of any of them again.
    so you guys who had things with compliments are luckythey offered me car but then said i had to put in my own fuel n the £1000 collison waver could be brought down to £150 if i paid £7:50 so i had to wait around which took just over a hour to fix.
    thank ourselfs lucky for people like tonyn he prob had done it in 15 mins-half hour on his own.
    tonyn we salute you

Can you give me some info on your steering re-call. Did you go in and ask if there were any recalls or did they contact you? My steerings a bit "wooly" and I thought it was a worn steering joint somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by mick p View Post
      Can you give me some info on your steering re-call. Did you go in and ask if there were any recalls or did they contact you? My steerings a bit "wooly" and I thought it was a worn steering joint somewhere.
      hi m8 look on here for steering recall n youll find number for toyotaGB give them a call yours might be on recall list give them all the details off your engine etc

only way i can explain it is its a long bar from wheel to wheel guys on here can give you more info though

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm View Post
        hi m8 look on here for steering recall n youll find number for toyotaGB give them a call yours might be on recall list give them all the details off your engine etc
        Glad you got it sorted mate, as regards the other post, sorry i cant remember who just posted it, the recall was cos of weak steering bar i think that would crack under alot of strain. Your wooly steering may be worn joints, but usually its the steering box on top of it is a nut with a screw head down the middle, slacken off the nut and hold it with a spanner and then turn the screw head clockwise a half turn and tighten up, and do it again untill play is rectified.
        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Thanks Carl. Just replyed to your pm.

Comment

Working...
          X