yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For all you hard core off-roaders.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For all you hard core off-roaders.......

http://www.awshifting.com/index.html

A neat little gadget to make your auto transmission change gear when you want it to, kinda like a tiptronic transmission. Cheap too, I'm tempted myself!

Hasn't this come up before? Wasn't there 'issues' with both the device and supply of? Can't remember the details but was covered in another forum I think.

Dave

Comment

I've contacted this guy a couple of years ago.

One thing his system allows is a 'snow start' mode, meaning you select second gear and it stays in that, it does not go into first - reduces wheel spin but also has possibilities when on alippery mud.
      Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo View Post
        I've contacted this guy a couple of years ago.

One thing his system allows is a 'snow start' mode, meaning you select second gear and it stays in that, it does not go into first - reduces wheel spin but also has possibilities when on alippery mud.
        Update???

Comment

I meant Slippery mud, btw!

I wasn't convinced - when connected I seem to remember that the system can override the protection controls that the Toyota ECU i.e. you can end up selecting O/D and leaving it on at too low a speed.

I'll send them a mail and get back up to speed.
          Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Sound a good idea!!
            Sometimes when going along some sections on a Forest Drive i do its always an awkward speed. Not quite second but revving high in 1st. Then 2nd kicks in and im off............
            www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

I was pondering doing something similar a few years back some of you might remember, but mainly for locking the torque converter to improve fuel consumption on A roads when you tend to be at the speed where the lock is on and off all of the time because of small changes in traffic speed.

Look interesting, and fairly cheap.
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I think for normal driving economy it could eventually pay for itself.
                Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Working...
                X