Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model makers.

'ELP!

Right, i got a 'monster truck' surf model thing late last year, started messing around with it this weekend. Its a 1/24 scale. looks pretty cool sat on mini 35" tyres

BUT... alas my youth and impatience have foiled me!!

Basically i painted it earlier on today and as far as i could tell by touching it! the paint was dry - so i go to next step - It wasn't dry

Now ive got smeared lumps and crud on it!

Does anyone advise some VERY VERY thin grade sandpaper and just sand it down in a few days before a 2nd coat of paint?

Its not a total mess - im sure i can salvage it! I just wanna make sure i do an ok job of it

please help!

Get a grown up to help.
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
        'ELP!

Right, i got a 'monster truck' surf model thing late last year, started messing around with it this weekend. Its a 1/24 scale. looks pretty cool sat on mini 35" tyres

BUT... alas my youth and impatience have foiled me!!

Basically i painted it earlier on today and as far as i could tell by touching it! the paint was dry - so i go to next step - It wasn't dry

Now ive got smeared lumps and crud on it!

Does anyone advise some VERY VERY thin grade sandpaper and just sand it down in a few days before a 2nd coat of paint?

Its not a total mess - im sure i can salvage it! I just wanna make sure i do an ok job of it

please help!
        use some T-cut.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

let it harden off couple off days like you say then use a very fine wet n dry sandpaper
          www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

Get it sandblasted.

Comment

paint some mud over that bit ........more authentic
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                Get a grown up to help.

great reply mate!!

Anyway - Thanks for the responses guys!!

I'll get myself sorted with a lil bit of wet n dry

cheers!!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                  'ELP!
                  please help!
                  You need either the highest grade Wet 'n' Dry you can get or you could try Brasso as this has abrasive properties that may do the job for you.

If you want to upset the missus nick the toothpaste from the bathroom and try that , it's worked for me before now

Comment

Couldn't resist Rod.

You could also include it as some offroading panel damage.
                    Alan

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewC View Post
                      You need either the highest grade Wet 'n' Dry you can get or you could try Brasso as this has abrasive properties that may do the job for you.

If you want to upset the missus nick the toothpaste from the bathroom and try that , it's worked for me before now
                      cheers for that mate!! I'll give it a while for the paint to 'settle' a bit or im gunna get in one hell of a mess!!

Couldn't resist Rod.

You could also include it as some offroading panel damage.
                      This is gunna be a street queen mate!!

Comment

Get the finest grade wet & dry, (1600)? and rub two pieces of it together to take the roughness off, then use those, gently. (Once the paint has fully hardened).

Comment

I'd personally use the 1600 grit W&D. Then use some Brasso on the model.
                          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Spray it metallic blue, squash the roof a bit, turn it upside down and tell everyone it's a replica of Andyenuff's truck!

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                              I'd personally use the 1600 grit W&D. Then use some Brasso on the model.
                              Whats brasso?

Comment

Working...
                              X