rear brake question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear brake question...

how many of you have adjusted position of brake load sensing valve on rear axle when doing a 2" lift. are there any bad effects on braking not doing it,as there would be less rear brake bias, or is it not really necessary on a 2" lift?

Not me, don't think you should notice any difference. I've done 2 now and both been fine.
    http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

When my truck had just a 2" lift i didnt bother adjusting it an it was fine!

now ive got a bigger rear lift its been adjusted to suit.

Comment

I adjusted mine as I had no rear brakes after my lift . It shut the fluid off from the rear brakes .
        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2 View Post
          I adjusted mine as I had no rear brakes after my lift . It shut the fluid off from the rear brakes .
          ahh! that mustve been pretty scarey when you realised that mate!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2 View Post
            thats what i was thinking, i just wondered at what height lift it would happen.

Comment

The setup on each individual truck is going to be different. Take it down a quiet road at about 30-40ish and stand on the brakes. If the arse end locks up, leave well alone, if not, adjust to suit. It should really be done as the geometry is being altered, but if it aint broke and all that....
              http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

when i get round to doing it, as you say,suck it and see!!

Comment

you want the front to lock up a touch before the back if you're judging it like that.
                  =========
                  =SOLD UP!=
                  =========

Comment

i guess doing it properly, the bracket on the axle should be raised the same amount as the lift being done to the vehicle, to maintain the standard brake balance.

Comment

Originally posted by grabeck View Post
                      i guess doing it properly, the bracket on the axle should be raised the same amount as the lift being done to the vehicle, to maintain the standard brake balance.
                      Thats wot I did in theory . I lengthened the rod between valve and axle.
                      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Working...
                      X