fix or cut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fix or cut

pulley in pic is making some noise gather the bearings fubarred its for the air con , can i just cut the belt off or is there something else running off it ?? or do i replace ?? and at what price,??
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

on a 2.4 you can cut the belt off, don't think anything else runs off it on a 3.0 but i'm not sure never really looked that hard at a 3.0 engine bay.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

Don't think it will affect any thing if you take it off, could look at my V6 tomorrow see if the ac unit is the same, if so it maybe surpless to requirements
      www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

I took mine off a 3.0l. Just undo one bolt and slip it off. You can always replace in the summer if you are keeping the aircon.
        Powered by Toyota!

Comment

Cut it mate, i did, also might aswell remove it completely then you get a nice bit of extra air going around yer head and cooling the turbo a bit more.
          Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

cheers for the advice lads think i will just take belt off, [roughtrax £200+for the part eeeek ]

LSS dont think it helps the airflow on 3.0

CHRISINFLIGHT, what single bolt do i undo?? cheers

Comment

Ah yes, im being non-observant (if thats a word) and rather stupid yet again. Itll at least create a space for a lunch box that you can keep food warm in.

Youve never considered upgradin to a 2.4?
              Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by The Lang-Shankit Scunner View Post
                Ah yes, im being non-observant (if thats a word) and rather stupid yet again. Itll at least create a space for a lunch box that you can keep food warm in.

thats cause you dont create enough speed to force fresh air into your cab
                stale air = brain festering

Youve never considered upgradin to a 2.4?

if i get any speeding tickets i will consider buying a 2.4

Comment

The bolt to undo is the long adjuster bolt which is holding the curved bracket.
                  Loosen this bolt, slide the compressor down a bit and slide the belt off. You can then remove the pulley, bolt and the bracket. The compressor stays fixed in place.