Hydogen generators / cells.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
    I'm waiting for the engine that produces Duechars IPA as waste.
    Got visions of Scotmen chasing cars around now, with their gobs clamped around the exhausts.

Comment

Well here is our first prototype running on an Iveco 2.8 td.

And this is the pulse wave modulator, which helps the gas bubbles disperse from the plates faster than they would normally. The ameter is just so we could monitor the amps it was using to make sure the electrics where running correctly.

We got an extra 125 miles ish to a tank a diesel on a run to London and back fully loaded.

As I said this is only a prototype but there is another (larger one) in the making as we speak... I'm not going too much into detail just yet tho.
      -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

And that drew how much current in use?

Edit: I am actually trying to figure out whether this is a p1ss take, or whether you are actually being serious. If......., you are actually serious, is that a plastic container vessel?
        Last edited by MattF; 27 January 2008, 19:41.

Comment

To be honest with you I'm not sure. I was the man behind the steering wheel. It was running at a constant 6 amps, thats all I know.

No not a p1ss take. The large grey "pipe" is the cell and the white bottle is the "bubbler", kind of like a flash back arrester so that if something goes wrong it doesnt blow the cell up, just the "bubbler".
          Last edited by max6674; 27 January 2008, 19:46.

Comment

Just on a serious note. If that is actually real, I personally would be a tad apprehensive, (big understatement), about driving around with a plastic contained hydrogen source in an enclosed heat spot.

Comment

There is very little gas in both the cell and in the bubbler, as its created its used. I must admit one of the early attempts to get this working resulted in the cell lid stuck in the cealing and a kitchen window blown out.. Hydrogen burns at an alarming rate!

Comment

Originally posted by max6674 View Post
                There is very little gas in both the cell and in the bubbler, as its created its used. I must admit one of the early attempts to get this working resulted in the cell lid stuck in the cealing and a kitchen window blown out.. Hydrogen burns at an alarming rate!
                That's the problem with Hydrogen though. As you've already noted, the smallest amount could cause enough of a flash/explosion for things to go really tits up. The voracity of a Hydrogen burn is legendary, (literally).

Comment

well hydrogen typically has an electron binding force of (if i recall) -13.6ev
                  so take a mole of water which is 6.023x10^23 molecules and two thirds of that is oxygen so roughly 6x10 ^16 is hydrogen molecules.that would very roughly equate to that amount of molecules times -13.6 ev to liberate the electrons and release the hydrogen molecules.i cant remember the equation to find the exact result but its in the order of a few volts.(but you have to take into account as well,the weak and strong nuclear force between the molecules themselves)the bottom line is that liberating oxygen to obtain the requisite hydrogen molecules does require some input
                  so either intelligent wave forms(like variable speed drives use) or another form of electrolytic conversion will be needed
                  Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                    so either intelligent wave forms(like variable speed drives use) or another form of electrolytic conversion will be needed
                    Laymans terms man. Sodium and electricity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                      Laymans terms man. Sodium and electricity.
                      sorry salty water matt !!

but i can point out an interesting side effect.we use a variable speed drive for most of our well pumping.this has a direct effect on the media that is being pumped.as the drive may ask for anything between 0 and 50 amps the wave that forms has the effect of liberating hydrogen sulphide.leaving the sulfide has no net effect on decreasing the explosive effect of the gas(a fair few exploded pumps) but when the explosion has occured some hydrogen is reinvested back into any liquid media left...weird
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

HAHA - was just reading this all again, and I don't think it'll be long before this flags up on the MI5 server, with trips to London, and a big car laden with wires, and fulled up with Hydrogen. lol

I'm near London myself, but think I'd be outside the blast radius, just do a search on google for 'Hydrogen bomb' and count yourself lucky with the loss of your kitchen window

Adding myself as an accompliss , with reference to electrolysis, I think the best bet is to just combine pure Hydrogen with Oxygen and convert the heat produced (just don't get involved in a pile up!). Either that or invest in a 'Flux Capacitor' where you may end up at your destination, just in the wrong time
                        Live like ur gonna die, because ur gonna

Comment

i think fission is still beyond most of us though.in removing the electron amorphorus shell you then have to hit the nucleus with a neutron,and the nucleus weighs about 20 million million million times more than the rest of the of the molecule,but is about 20 million million million times smaller,so best get the magnifying glass out!!

oh and you have to do this to lots of hydrogen molecules so need some real accurate triggers which fire absolutely simultaneousely

so mi5 if you are reading this ,we really are not making any sort of fission bomb(honest)
                          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                            so mi5 if you are reading this ,we really are not making any sort of fission bomb(honest)
                            (Quickly hides tools and equipment).

Comment

Working...
                            X