Hydogen generators / cells.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydogen generators / cells.

Has anyone had any dealings with Hydrogen cells, producing Hydrogen (or Browns gas as its known) from water and running a car on it?
    -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

the heavy water theory?
    deadly
    look up ww2 torpeados we use it to power torpeados untill the 50's
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Updated

Using Brown's Gas as a fuel there is an intereting article here: http://www.spiritofmaat.com/archive/...ar/h20car2.htm

I read there that the electrolysis of water doesn't produce enough Hydrogen to efficiently combust in the engine, so an extra source of Hydrogen would be needed. However there is a Rothman System that somehow delivers 10 times the amount of Brown's Gas than usual. The other problem is that you need a fair amount of energy to split the water in the first place (possibly a waste of energy). Looking forward to the future though!!

But to answer your question, no dealings myself.

However it's interesting to read the differences between the fuels: Fuel Cells; Hydrogen; and Browns Gas. Some use water, some produce waste water, others recycle this waste water, some take oxygen from the air and expel it back into the air, some take oxygen from the water then combine is again. Numerous combinations.
      Last edited by Snorkel; 26 January 2008, 23:52. Reason: Updated
      Live like ur gonna die, because ur gonna

Comment

do a search for it on you tube there is a guy in the us that has done just that interesting stuff. he made it to use instead of an oxyacetylene torch and found he could use it in his car too. think there was a link on here for it too.
        it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Brown Gas?

Produce loads of it meself!

Let me know where you want it sent...
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Snorkel View Post
            Looking forward to the future though!!
            I know what you mean i love the idea of all this i dont really understand it all be makes a good read. bout time humans started using our brain power for something other than trying to kill each other.

Comment

Originally posted by drunkmonkeyboy View Post
              using our brain power for something other than trying to kill each other.

Ok, Ok, I changed jobs now!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                Ok, Ok, I changed jobs now!

now that looks like it would be fun to play with!!! I even quoted the pic just to annoy bushwacker and cos he seemed bored earler

Comment

Did they ever figure out a method where it becomes viable? Haven't looked at that link yet, but I know the in-vehicle hydrogen generator has always been something akin to the perpetual motion machine so far.

Comment

i did a bit of reading about this guy.... his process used a special alloy and he claimed he fractured the water into hydrogen/oxygen. He did not use direct current but a fancy pulsed waveform...he claims that the ratio of potential energy produced to that used to fracture the water was 7 to 1.... watching the you tube videos as soon as he switched his gear on the hydrogen just foams off much faster than eletrolysis...fake or not i don'r know...

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Christ, I think I might be about to do an 'Apache' here. That pulsed square wave bunkum has always struck me as being exactly that. Bunkum. They use the same method on a lot of battery charging equipment these days for the so-called benefits and improvements, and granted, I've not exactly delved in depth into it, but I've still to see how that has any true beneficial effect. Other than the same type of reason that it's used for torque control of D.C motors, where the full voltage is always available but you're actually altering the on/off time to regulate the speed, rather than the voltage, especially with the Hydrogen generator, it still boils down, (no pun intended), to an electrolytic process. And granted, even if it does offer serious improvements, (which I personally doubt), you still come back to it's pitfall. To crack the water molecules, you require electrical energy. The system cannot put enough energy back into the electrical system to become self maintaining, hence it becomes somewhat of a hybrid. It requires plugging in to recharge overnight.

(Btw, if all that makes sense anywhere outside of my head, good luck).

Comment

Makes sense to me, even without alcohol!

Reminds me of "Lisa! In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics!"

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                          Makes sense to me, even without alcohol!

Reminds me of "Lisa! In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics!"
                          Oh bugger, should I be worried then?

Comment

I'm waiting for the engine that produces Duechars IPA as waste.
                            Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

...which could be fed into me, from which I would produce methane, and we go full circle! I think you may have cracked it!

Comment

Working...
                              X