recall query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recall query

regarding the cylinder head recall for the 2.4 diesel surf,is there any way of checking with toyota (Japan),if my vehicle had the recall work done,surely if this work was carried out by a toyota dealer,it should be logged on a database with Toyota.

Originally posted by karl higgs
    regarding the cylinder head recall for the 2.4 diesel surf,is there any way of checking with toyota (Japan),if my vehicle had the recall work done,surely if this work was carried out by a toyota dealer,it should be logged on a database with Toyota.

hi karl, i think this was covered before and i think you need to get in touch with Toyota UK and they get in touch with Toyota Japan who then get back to Toyota UK, who then get back to you and tell you f*** all.
    i think you can tell which head you have on your surf, ie: modified or original, by markings or numbers on the casting, but i,m sure one of the guru,s on here will put us both right.
    also there was a thread on here regarding chassis no.s that were re-called for the head, try a search, although even if your,e surf falls outside of these numbers it could still get a poorly head.

hope this helps m8,
    ship

Comment

I was searching for a thread with that discussed this very topic but I think it must have been on the old forum.

I know someone was trying to use the law to make Toyota do the work on the imports, in the UK, but I never saw the outcome of the exercise.
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Hi Karl.

I wouldn't bother with Toyotas lists if I were you. I contacted Toyota Japan through Toyota Europe. I have a fax from them stating that my vehicle was never up for recall and that it did not have the "Head problem". I thought I was maybe safe. Then Three weeks later, yes you got it my cylinder head cracked. So I am very sceptical of Toyota's lists. Still love my truck and now that I have changed the head for a new one I feel a lot better about it. I wouldn't change it for anything. Please remember that not all of the 2.4s fail and that the lists are not a good guide. I am sure there are many that are on the list that are fine. Just enjoy your truck.
        JJON

Normal is just a wash setting.

Comment

Originally posted by ship
          hi karl, i think this was covered before and i think you need to get in touch with Toyota UK and they get in touch with Toyota Japan who then get back to Toyota UK, who then get back to you and tell you f*** all.
          i think you can tell which head you have on your surf, ie: modified or original, by markings or numbers on the casting, but i,m sure one of the guru,s on here will put us both right.
          also there was a thread on here regarding chassis no.s that were re-called for the head, try a search, although even if your,e surf falls outside of these numbers it could still get a poorly head.

hope this helps m8,
          ship
          Look here for recalls.
          http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/info/recall.htm
          Pete

Comment

Working...
          X