Insurance one again!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance one again!!

Hey people hopefully someone can help and point in the right direction (i have printed the list off on here with loads of insurers and will start at the top tomorrow!)

My problem is i want to use my hilux 2.4 td for towing my track car and to go play in the mud, a couple of insures i phoned today have given me great quotes but when i say about the use of a trailer or going off roading its not on the policy. and not covered at all! do i just get insurance and bugger the rest and assume i can drive with a trailer?trouble is the trailer is worth 3g and the track car 7g with out the value of the hilux, so i dont want them having a get out clause saying i was never covered

im 26,6 yrs no claims with full trailer licence.

Most policies will cover you for towing as long as you are licensed to do so and tell them there is a towbar fitted. However there's often a get out clause for them that says they won't pay out on anything on or in the trailer, or will only pay xx amount towards the value of the trailer and it's contents.

It might be worth investigating the route of insuring the trailer and track car on completely separate policies to your car insurance. www.ntta.co.uk may be able to help.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

Originally posted by Robmatthews View Post
      Hey people hopefully someone can help and point in the right direction (i have printed the list off on here with loads of insurers and will start at the top tomorrow!)

My problem is i want to use my hilux 2.4 td for towing my track car and to go play in the mud, a couple of insures i phoned today have given me great quotes but when i say about the use of a trailer or going off roading its not on the policy. and not covered at all! do i just get insurance and bugger the rest and assume i can drive with a trailer?trouble is the trailer is worth 3g and the track car 7g with out the value of the hilux, so i dont want them having a get out clause saying i was never covered

try adrian flux storm force with them n im joining soon

Comment

Originally posted by Robmatthews View Post

Can't answer the trailer/towing part, but most insurance policies don't cover off-road use (probably even anything not on a public highway). There are a few exceptions like Adrian Flux though.
        Paul </Slugsie>
        Immortal.so far!

Comment

Liverpool vicoria cover me for towing up 10k worth of stuff on the trailer for work at only 245quids fully comp.

Comment

Working...
          X