HOOOOORAHHH! sorted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by martyrsvr View Post
    seroiusly ,should i do that also after my last trip to clog land???
    had to take my front seat out and remove sound proofing was like a wet sponge have left it out as expecting the same next time.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22309719@N03/2215228926/
    Yup find out where it comes in and block it, expandin foam closes tight on steering rack and then grease makes a nice seal.
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by The Lang-Shankit Scunner View Post
      Cable came off/snapped? Arm snapped? Check under the hood at the bulkhead for the plastic box that supplys matrix, and see if cable is attached, if not theres prob, but at least you can push it wiv yer hand to get heat.
      Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
      Yeah - I think you've bust it Tim.........
      hmmmmm. DOH!
      i checked the bit under the glovebox and it moved but the valve in the engine bay dont
      Im off out in it soon and ive moved it by hand so we'll see if thats done it.
      How are the cables run does anyone know? I bet knowing my luck I need to take most of the car apart to fix this one!
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog View Post
        hmmmmm. DOH!
        i checked the bit under the glovebox and it moved but the valve in the engine bay dont
        Im off out in it soon and ive moved it by hand so we'll see if thats done it.
        How are the cables run does anyone know? I bet knowing my luck I need to take most of the car apart to fix this one!
        Nah its a simple cable job, if its still connected to the manually moved plastic fingy then itll be other (lever) end, just reconnect or maybe replace the cable not big job fella but youll need the light. Moving it by hand will def give you heat, but if its too hot youll have to pull over and push it part way back again.
        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Nah its a simple cable job, if its still connected to the manually moved plastic fingy then itll be other (lever) end, just reconnect or maybe replace the cable not big job fella but youll need the light. Moving it by hand will def give you heat, but if its too hot youll have to pull over and push it part way back again.
          nah im too lazy id have the heater on and the window open

the valve in the engine bay dont move but is all connected ok. this cable goes through the bulk head to ???
          the slider (hot/cold) works but still 'clonks' at the cold end and this moves the lever with a spring which is all ok under the glovebox.
          does the hot/cold slider move 2 cables or am i going mad?

i need a new cable for the motorised air mover/changer bit too so some dash needs to come out anyway I thin. (anyone got one while I think of it?)

thanks for the help.
          Tim

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog View Post
            nah im too lazy id have the heater on and the window open

the valve in the engine bay dont move but is all connected ok. this cable goes through the bulk head to ???
            the slider (hot/cold) works but still 'clonks' at the cold end and this moves the lever with a spring which is all ok under the glovebox.
            does the hot/cold slider move 2 cables or am i going mad?

i need a new cable for the motorised air mover/changer bit too so some dash needs to come out anyway I thin. (anyone got one while I think of it?)

thanks for the help.
            Yes 2 cables, one goes to the flap that selects air from away and from the heater matrix, the other does the valve, so i imagine the cable has come undone ant the lever, may be worth trying to get at it by taking dash panel out from around the lever itself, ill go check mine a minute
            Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Yes it looks like the black piece that goes around the levers comes away all the way around the clocks aswell, but if you get that out (shouldnt be too hard) youll see the back of it and hopefully find the problem, but i cant guaruntee this as best way in.
              Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Yes it looks like the black piece that goes around the levers comes away all the way around the clocks aswell, but if you get that out (shouldnt be too hard) youll see the back of it and hopefully find the problem, but i cant guaruntee this as best way in.
                cheers mate - its def the easiest way in though. ive had that out probably 10 times or more but the more stuff I add in the harder it gets maybe ill get some bulbs replaced while im at it.
                ill see if I can get a look tomorrow.

anyone know what bulbs TIM gauges take so I can fit blue ones to match my indiglo dash?
                Tim

Comment

Working...
                X