yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bristol Uni Rag Procession - Super Trucks Needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bristol Uni Rag Procession - Super Trucks Needed!

Hello all!

My name is George Cave and I am in charge of co-ordinating Bristol University's RAG Procession this year! The RAG (Raising & Giving) Procession is an annual charity procession full of brightly decorated floats, vehicles, circus performers and many other acts that winds its way through the centre of Bristol and announces the beginning of our RAG Week.

We would absolutely love to have some super trucks taking part in the Procession and I think that they would be an awesome addition to this year's line up. The procession takes place on Saturday 23rd February from around midday until 4pm, followed by a free buffet afterwards.

If any owners on this forum would like to take part then please please get in touch. My email address is gc6480@bristol.ac.uk, and my mobile address is 0seven93one 29nine96four. It is a charity event so we aim to keep costs as low as possible, but we have funds available to pay transport costs if necessary.

I'm looking forward to hearing any replies from you. It's going to be an amazing day and hopefully you'll be keen to take part!

Regards,

George Cave
    Procession Co-ordinator
    Bristol Uni RAG

Nice idea- but Bristol seems to harbour a nest of anti-4x4 activists if I recall....

http://bristol.indymedia.org/newswir...story_id=25699

Comment

We're free that weekend I think - sounds like fun, have you got any other info on it - pics from last year or something????
      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock@work View Post
        Nice idea- but Bristol seems to harbour a nest of anti-4x4 activists if I recall....

http://bristol.indymedia.org/newswir...story_id=25699
        Yep, probably just an excuse to come and throw mud at people. Students....

Comment

But would anti-4x4 mentalists be obtuse or bizarre enough to ENCOURAGE 4x4s to come to Bristol, merely to tell them to get out again?

No-one's that demented, surely!
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
            But would anti-4x4 mentalists be obtuse or bizarre enough to ENCOURAGE 4x4s to come to Bristol, merely to tell them to get out again?

No-one's that demented, surely!
            I was thinking that just a few mins ago, so am now looking it up.......
            Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Don't know anything about anti-4x4 activists, but as this is a part of a charity Procession going on past experience I don't think anything like that will occur!

@MudSurfer (or anyone else) If you can let me have your email address, or send me an email to gc6480@bristol.ac.uk, then I'll send you a file with some more details in it and some photos from previous years' events.

Thanks for all your interest guys!

Regards
              George

Comment

Drivers of 4x4s in Bristol face having buckets of mud thrown over their cars as part of a campaign to force gas-guzzlers off the city’s streets. Environmental activist David Rose, of Clifton, and his friend Harriet Williams decided to form a new group after seeing the popularity of the four-wheel-drive cars increase in the city. They are starting a direct action campaign of throwing buckets of mud over parked 4x4s and putting fake parking tickets under their windscreen wipers. The 42-year-old mature student at Bristol University said: “We are linked with the Alliance Against Urban 4x4s in London, and they are supporting us, after they were successful in campaigning to get a proposed £25 daily congestion charge there. “Our plan is to make 4x4 drivers look stupid by giving their cars mud washes or placing the fake tickets on them.
                Loons, it would be hard to make my Hi-lux more muddy than it is
                I Love Wales

Comment

Hey George!

Ive visted bristol a few times recently as my mates are students there!

Awesome city mate!

I dont doubt that you've already found it but www.hpoc.co.uk has some absolutly mental monster trucks! Well worth asking those guys aswell!

Comment

wow , i like the sound of buckets of mud being thrown over my surf,
                    i need my mud fix for this year,
                    knowing my luck though, if i parked in bristol noone would throw mud over mine
                    PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

If everyone runs through on veg in front making everyone hungry, i'll hire a chip van and follow you through, after a dozen or so trucks they'll never resist and we'll be rolling in it $$$
                      =========
                      =SOLD UP!=
                      =========

Comment

I would love to attend but i dont think my truck is soopet up enough for anyone to really look at.

Comment

Knowing my luck, someone would wash mine. That would be a bigger insult

Is it just me or does anyone else think there is something desperately sad and very very wrong about being a Uni student at 42?
                          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

So is anyone actully going to attend this? Im all for semi naked uni chicks draped over my muddy bonnet.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                              Knowing my luck, someone would wash mine. That would be a bigger insult

Is it just me or does anyone else think there is something desperately sad and very very wrong about being a Uni student at 42?

ahem......i was a uni student from the age of 31 till i was 36,
                              and the mature ones were ther most succesful
                              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X