No announcement yet.

How attached are you to your truck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mrs H refuses to sit in it she hates it. more weekends free Yahoooooooooobouncy:

If anything were to happen I'd be a bit ####ed off co's it's got a new head and recon engine but I'd just get another one would have to be in the same colour though.
    Last edited by Highlander1; 21 January 2008, 20:30.
    www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

I i loved mine i wouldn't off road it ................think of the abuse i give it , then i break it and have to rebuild it .........

IT'S MORE A LOVE /HATE RELATIONSHIP
      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

I'd be in trouble if I got rid of mine, my missus loves it. In fact, she got rid of her 206 which she had from new and was only 2 years old when we got the Surf

Cheers, Nick
        "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
          i don't care what i do to it but hate it if someone causes damage to it
          Sums it up for me mate

Comment

I couldn't sell the 2 door when I bought the 3.0, and I doubt I could sell either of them, ever. They drive me nuts, the 4wd still doesn't work and the heater is, well - interesting on the 3.0, but won't sell it, just keep it and keep doing stuff to it - they are both the best things I've bought (apart from my inversion table)
            Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

im awfully attached to the poomobile,we have been through so much together,tears,laughter,pain,g ood times ,bad times(actually quite a lot of bad times)
              but the reason im so attached to it isprobably the bizarre superglue incident i had in there today
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I can't sell mine, I've gone too far with her to sell. The current mrs chaos thinks I'm a geek sometimes, but she's warming to the idea of my surf. Keep telling her that she's my number one woman, not within earshot of the truck of course lol
                Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                  im awfully attached to the poomobile,we have been through so much together,tears,laughter,pain,g ood times ,bad times(actually quite a lot of bad times)
                  Originally posted by captain_chaos View Post
                  I can't sell mine, I've gone too far with her to sell.
                  I think thats what it boils down too!

My truck kinda represents a lot of good memorys!

plus im looking forward to those moments when im old an bald an fat(er) i can look back an be like "daamn i owned that"

Comment

i believe i am presently engaged in an exercise to see if an inanimate metal object can rape my wallet to such an extent i need to call 911
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

attached like super glue, dont know why but we just are, loved the 2 gen to death, love the 3 gen but would love a cross between the two-- perfection--
                      brother is on his second aswell and he has no plans in parting with his.
                      i have owned and had the use of hundreds of cars and none are as special as the surf, dont know why
                      Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

My first car was a 2lt peugeot 505 saloon I got quite attached to that, it wasn't that fast but it had character and (I think) style (the estates are ugly) and it was the last car that Peugeot made that would last, it was built like a bus.

Now however I'm obsessed with the Surf I just love driving it, any excuse is enough. They're still the best looking 4x4 out there. And I go to sleep most nights cataloguing everything I've still got to do to it.

It's the only car I've ever had that I could be bothered to repair, maintain and modify myself. No one else can be trusted.

And my marvelous mighty midget of a girlfriend loves it too, even after I've taken the side steps off although that may be the sub under the passenger seat.

Comment

Love it. It got me back into doing my own repairs and modifications again.
                          My gilfriend loves it as well infact she tells everyone it's hers (well she can't very well admit to owning that pink Vitara can she!)

Comment

My point exactly ....my pride and joy was written off by a vauxhaul astra of all things driven but a drunk teacher from my kids school. Mind you she was doing 60 in a 30 limit. Knocked my truck 20 feet up onto the pavement. How she couldnt see a 2 ton truck i dont know!!!
                            I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike66 View Post
                              My point exactly ....my pride and joy was written off by a vauxhaul astra of all things driven but a drunk teacher from my kids school. Mind you she was doing 60 in a 30 limit. Knocked my truck 20 feet up onto the pavement. How she couldnt see a 2 ton truck i dont know!!!
                              Hope she only hurt herself and not some poor innocent. Stupid cow.
                              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

When mine is finally dead, a few years yet i hope, i will be putting her in storage, she represents a new era for me. Hours and hours of work getting her the way i want her that she will go nowhere until she kicks the bucket, and even then ill be keeping her.

Then ill move on to another one a 3rd gen perhaps. I would like to get 4 or 5 years out of mine though first, maybe more. The Shankster will just keep rolling for me.
                                Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Working...
                                X