More Advice Needed On Home Cinema Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Advice Needed On Home Cinema Please

Okay I've Googled and searched relevant forums but now I have too much info it's doing my head in and I still don't know what I need! What I'd like to know is when I buy my home cinema system does it need an optical input or digital input for a Virgin+ HD box?

Will a HDMI cable link the two up and will this give me digital surround sound?

Does the HDMI cable go from the Virgin box to the home cinema input and then another HDMI cable from the home cinema output to the TV?

I want a 1080p upscale model for better definition from standard DVD's but this optical / digital / HDMI, input / output malarky has me confused. Anyone give me some clear straightforward advice please?

(I'm in a mellow mood so some p*ss taking and sarcastic answers are acceptable, but if you can help I'd be extremely gratefull!)

'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Originally posted by Copycat View Post
    Okay I've Googled and searched relevant forums but now I have too much info it's doing my head in and I still don't know what I need! What I'd like to know is when I buy my home cinema system does it need an optical input or digital input for a Virgin+ HD box?

Will a HDMI cable link the two up and will this give me digital surround sound?

Does the HDMI cable go from the Virgin box to the home cinema input and then another HDMI cable from the home cinema output to the TV?

I want a 1080p upscale model for better definition from standard DVD's but this optical / digital / HDMI, input / output malarky has me confused. Anyone give me some clear straightforward advice please?

(I'm in a mellow mood so some p*ss taking and sarcastic answers are acceptable, but if you can help I'd be extremely gratefull!)

Optical input would be great if you have the optical output from the virgin HD box.

Again HDMI is a good way to fit it but you'll need to be sure that the virgin box has enough HDMI I/O 's

My tv an surround sound are set up with the dvd/surround sound hooked via HDMI to the TV - Xbox 360 via HDMI to the TV an then an optical cable hooking the Xbox 360 to the dvd/surround sound.

If you can let me know what items your getting an what inputs/outputs the virgin box has im sure i can let you know what you need mate!

Comment

Cheers Rod, will gather all the relevant info together and let you know.

'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Copycat View Post
        Cheers Rod, will gather all the relevant info together and let you know.

Great stuff mate!

Comment

Working...
        X