Veg oil/Diesel Mix Ratio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apache View Post
    So how many of you lot have changed fuel pump seals yet then?

I (or should I say, Tony) did mine last october after a dose of 100% finally killed them. I'm quite wary about using more than about 30% in the winter now, and probably wont run 100% again, if only to safeguard my seals.

Anyway the way prices are going, it wont be worth it anymore before long, unless you've got a reliable source of WVO.
    TBH was unaware that this could happen. I have never run 100% veg oil yet, the most being 70% veg oil. How bad was the seal problem?

Cheers, Nick
    "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Changed my top ones and am living with the leak from the one on the bottom. Can't be bothered to deal with this one.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hornet View Post
        Changed my top ones and am living with the leak from the one on the bottom. Can't be bothered to deal with this one.
        But was this a direct result of using veg oil?

Cheers, Nick

Comment

Think 2ft damp patch under the truck every morning, and an engine bay that smelt like a kebab shop.

In other words, not good! There's quite a few on here had the problem, though it might be a while before it recurrs after new seals. The top plate seal, and the sensor seal are fairly easy, but there are some that require the pump out, and that then requires recalibration I believe.
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Nick V View Post
            But was this a direct result of using veg oil?

Cheers, Nick
            Yes. There is a correlation. No sign of leaks until a few days after using 100% for the first time, then mayhem!
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Returning to diesel stops it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                Yes. There is a correlation. No sign of leaks until a few days after using 100% for the first time, then mayhem!
                Gulp!! I think I'll only go as far as 70/30 then!!!!

Cheers, Nick

Comment

I have a heated fuel cat, have changed the top seal and small seal inside (which was the one causing the leak) i have a mechanical pump which i did myself and it was a complete pain in the ass. I have run 100% when real skint but i now do the white spirte mix and wack some diesel in. still starts and runs fine on 40lts veg with about 2.5lts white sprite the toped up with diesel, about 15 litres. dont have any problems as yet, but then again i do live in the sunny south where its may be wet but most of the time it been quite warm!!
                  it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Running 40l of Veg, topped up with diesel. truck seems fine so far, even on the cold mornings -7 etc)

It doesn't even seem toooooo lumpy!
                    More Lift.
                    More Tyres.
                    More Engine.

Comment

Working...
                    X