alloy fitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by white akita View Post
    does anybody have or know where i could get some decent alloys about 10" wide with tyres for around £400 ? dont mind second hand as long as they are in excellent condition.
    you'll be VERY hard pushed mate

Ive got 5 15"x10" steels to go on the truck in a few days time an they were around £330 for 5.

Comment

i wouldnt mind steel wheels either seen some decent designs lately.
      so im searching for 10" wide steel wheels but cant go to 33" tyres yet as i only have a 2" lift all round lift due to be done in a week, so i think i will need 31" tyres on 10" wide steel wheels !

Comment

i wouldnt mind steel wheels either seen some decent designs lately.
        so im searching for 10" wide steel wheels but cant go to 33" tyres yet as i only have a 2" lift all round lift due to be done in a week, so i think i will need 31" tyres on 10" wide steel wheels !
        Interco might do a tyre that would fit that - but i wouldnt waste your money.

Whats your situation mate? Do you need new tyres badly? do you want new rims?

Either way - if you can carry on running your rims an tyres for now at least - the lift dosn't have to be expensive. some spacers an a body lift can give you the height you need. Then look into the wider rims and big tyres.

Otherwise you will be throwing good money after bad!

Comment

you'll be looking round about the £300 quid mark for a cheap set of 4 tyres depending on what you want. And at the £70 a wheel already quoted £280 for 4 wheels. New prices. You may be able to pick up 2nd hand wheels and tyres for less (£200ish++?? as you are looking for good tyres), and get somewhere to swap the tyres to new wheels. Then sell the wheels back on to recoop some of the cost. I still think it's ambitious to get 4 good tyres and 10" wide wheels for £400 though.
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

my tyres on the 4runner are like new as are the standard wheels that is fitted.
            but i really dont like the standard alloys and the tyres are 100% road tyres.
            the look im after is wide alloys with big chunky tyres.

Comment

these are decent. would they fit a gen2 ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1998-TOYOTA-HI...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

I would have thought so. I think pick ups have a bigger negative offset so the wheels would stick out further too. Incidentally, why 10"rims? I have 7" and just have spacers to make them stick out. Not fat, but a nice wide track.

Comment

i thought that if i was getting some new alloys that i might aswell pay extra for 10" wide alloys rather than pay £150 for spacers.
                  or have i got it all wrong ?

Comment

sorry but ewwwww, u need chrome!

Comment

i thought that if i was getting some new alloys that i might aswell pay extra for 10" wide alloys rather than pay £150 for spacers.
                      or have i got it all wrong ?
                      No, but you get to keep the spacers when you decide you want different wheels further down the line.

I think there's quite a lot of price difference between 7 and 10 inch but I may be all wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                        sorry but ewwwww
                        Says the man who wants to replace the front of his truck with a ladder.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                          Says the man who wants to replace the front of his truck with a ladder.
                          say the man who already has lol

Comment

They would fit but again mate, i wouldnt bother with them

They look to be about 6" wide.

the 205 aspect on the tyre means its NARROW - like waaaay narrow!!

Best bet is to take time an save for the right parts. Do it once, Do it right!

Some of the sexiest 10" wide alloys are some Mickey Thompson Classic locks.

http://www.supertrux.com/acatalog/Mi...ck_Wheels.html

then wrap them in AT LEAST 33x12.50 BFG Mud's an get either suspension or body lift sorted www.4crawler.com - mega cheap parts!!

if you get narrow wheels with little to no negative offset then your truck will look awful no matter what you try mate.

the wheels i have are -32 on a 10" rim, Stormforces are -52 an stick out loads an looks awesome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                              They would fit but again mate, i wouldnt bother with them

They look to be about 6" wide.

the 205 aspect on the tyre means its NARROW - like waaaay narrow!!

Best bet is to take time an save for the right parts. Do it once, Do it right!

Some of the sexiest 10" wide alloys are some Mickey Thompson Classic locks.

http://www.supertrux.com/acatalog/Mi...ck_Wheels.html

then wrap them in AT LEAST 33x12.50 BFG Mud's an get either suspension or body lift sorted www.4crawler.com - mega cheap parts!!

if you get narrow wheels with little to no negative offset then your truck will look awful no matter what you try mate.

the wheels i have are -32 on a 10" rim, Stormforces are -52 an stick out loads an looks awesome!!!
                              but if thats true,why arent u drivin a 3 ltr?lol

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                                but if thats true,why arent u drivin a 3 ltr?lol
                                The 2.4 has more character!!

honestly - if i had the chance to put all my mods on a black 3.0ltr i wouldn't

I love my truck - not someone elses made to look like mine!

2.4 for the win

Comment

Working...
                                X