alloy fitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alloy fitment

hi, i have a chance of buying some mitsubishi 6 stud alloys with this info Size: 8x16" PCD: 6x139.7mm Offset: ET+00mm or ET+20mm will they fit a gen2 4runner ?

Should be fine 139 is the surf fitment
    Brian

Comment

great, thanks

Comment

Surf offset is either -8 or -20mm, can't remember which. With the +20s you'll be needing wheel spacers for sure. Might be ok with the ±0mm ones
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

i dont know what you mean,i dont understand any of it, will i need spacers or not ? if so what thickness ??

Comment

In simple terms (sort of):-

the offset is how far the wheel sits into or sticks out from the wheel arch, a wheel with negative offset sticks out further, and one with positive offset would sit back further into the wheel arch.

(Unimportant technical crap for the pedants, hence the small writing ): It's actually measured from the centreline of the rim relative to the mounting face of the wheel, so a wheel with ET±0mm offset the centreline of the rim would be directly in line with the mounting face of the wheel, an ET-20mm offset would stick out 20mm further, and an ET+20mm offset wheel would be stuffed 20mm further into the arch)

you said you had the choice of ET±0mm or ET+20mm.

The +20mm one's will need spacers for sure or they will almost certainly be rubbing on something, be it chassis rails, wishbones, or brake pipes. As most of the spacers we see over here are 30mm i'd just go with them, that would push the wheel 30mm further out, effectively giving you a -30mm offset to start with. So the combined offset of wheel and tyre would be -10mm (-30 from the spacer and +20 from the wheel).

The ±0mm ones may or may not need spacers, I honestly don't know, but for arguments sake if you combined them with 30mm spacers you would have an effective combined offset of ET-30mm.

Any clearer?
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

Just my opinion but.... a +0mm offset will look absolutly schite on a surf/4runner etc

especially if you have wheel arches!!! Wouldn't waste your time mate, they will sit waaay to far in the arches. Just my opinion of course

Comment

thanks guys much clearer for me, i really like the wheels so i might have to get some £150 spacers if they look crap.

Comment

Originally posted by white akita View Post
                  thanks guys much clearer for me, i really like the wheels so i might have to get some £150 spacers if they look crap.
                  thats fair enough then mate! Im sure the L.A.Supertrux have them in stock an at a guess others will too.

Comment

If it was me, i'd avoid the +20mm one's as they reall ywill look shite and you'll be garunteed to be spending out on spacers. The ±0mm ones may or may not look OK without spacers, and they may or may not need spacers anyway, as i said before - i'm not sure. But if they rub you then have the choice of fitting spacers which will probably give the surf a decent looking stance and a slightly wider than normal track width which should give a touch more stability both on and off the road at the expense of stressing wheel bearings and such slightly more than your standard surf wheels, but not so much that you gonna be replacing them every 5 minutes. Or if the wheels are cheap enough sell em on and try some others.

One more thing, don't skimp on the spacers buy decent ones from the likes of LA Supertrux, not cheapo ebay snap your wheel studs off type ones
                    =========
                    =SOLD UP!=
                    =========

Comment

yeah i would buy decent spacers this time, i bought some off ebay when i had my gen3 after 1 week the steering wheel started to wobble quite badly at around 50mph !!

Comment

does anybody have or know where i could get some decent alloys about 10" wide with tyres for around £400 ? dont mind second hand as long as they are in excellent condition.

Comment

Originally posted by white akita View Post
                          does anybody have or know where i could get some decent alloys about 10" wide with tyres for around £400 ? dont mind second hand as long as they are in excellent condition.
                          £400 not a chance you might get steel 10" x 15" for a couple hundred
                          but alloy with good tyres not a snowballs

You after 10" tyres or 10" wheels the 10" wheels will need 12.5" or 13.5" rubber probable in 33s looking at just shy of £300 for 4 delivered greenway machos ect.
                          Last edited by yoshie; 21 January 2008, 19:41.
                          Brian

Comment

you'll struggle, you be hard pushed to find some without tyres for less than that.
                            =========
                            =SOLD UP!=
                            =========

Comment

supertrux or TonyN do the 15x10" wheels for about £70 each like the ones i have and there was a place on ebay selling part worn 4x4 tyres and new reasonable priced,i'll see if i can find the ad and post it up
                              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
                              X