No announcement yet.

Ground Anchor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smiffy it's a pucker anchor and would put a bit more weight over that rear axle.
    www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Originally posted by Highlander1 View Post
      Smiffy it's a pucker anchor and would put a bit more weight over that rear axle.

Throw it in the truck and come and join us John
      Brian

Comment

Any more weight and i'll need to fit a tachograph!!!!
        www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

lol
          last time we were only up for about 2 hrs never even seen 1/4 of the place a year ago father in law had his pick up with two in the back straight through the river at the motocross section water right over the bonnet!! feet wet in the back.
          cant think where the hole in the wall is ?
          you will need to lead the way smiffy mind im on standard height and sagging at the back ( the surf that is not me ) so wet carpets for me again !!
          Scottish mud club

Comment

I'm hoping Tonys going to get back to mee ASAP with a price for a safari so I don't have to worry about playing in the burn.

If I bring the anchor I'll need to bring it on the trailer. It's fully galvanised but I need to wait for a spring tide and an extra pair of hands.

Comment

Ps is anyone stopping over on Friday or Sat night.

Cheers JB

Comment

No my plan is, although i will fit around others, to arrive on site at 10 (im meetin with yoshie and others in cumbernauld then further on wiv smiffy etc) Then leaving site 4.30p.m approx, giving me 6.5 hours playing time.

Smiffy are you heading for that kinda timing? As i will get lost trying to get out of my own vellision, and i dont wanna be mugged
                Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by The Lang-Shankit Scunner View Post
                  No my plan is, although i will fit around others, to arrive on site at 10 (im meetin with yoshie and others in cumbernauld then further on wiv smiffy etc) Then leaving site 4.30p.m approx, giving me 6.5 hours playing time.

Smiffy are you heading for that kinda timing? As i will get lost trying to get out of my own vellision, and i dont wanna be mugged

at least you know they wont take your truck tho Carl..who would...
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I'm 4 hours each way makes a long day if I don't stop and it's a good excuse to have a wee dram and mellow out.

Cheers JB

Comment

another form of ground anchor - roughly described - is a plate of metal about an inch thick or so and about two to three foot long and up to a foot wide with half a dozen to a dozen holes in it, you then place "spikes" through each hole and this effectively becomes an anchor... the trowel type are all well and good but if you dont have the right type of ground - i.e. not too loose or solid - then it may not work... just an idea, i seen one for sale recently or you could always make one of these easier.

just a thought

Comment

I'm 4 hours each way makes a long day if I don't stop and it's a good excuse to have a wee dram and mellow out.

Cheers JB
                        Well mate as a side line I own a pub and we pass it on the way home about 30mile from Drumclog
                        however, not sure if the flat attached will be empty that weekend if it is your welcome to it. O and we have real log/coal fires makes the dram taste better I find
                        Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                          Well mate as a side line I own a pub and we pass it on the way home about 30mile from Drumclog
                          however, not sure if the flat attached will be empty that weekend if it is your welcome to it. O and we have real log/coal fires makes the dram taste better I find

Cheers for the offer I will let you know thanks.

Smiffy If i put on anymore weight you will be able to use me as a ground anchor

Comment

Working...
                          X