Resignation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They can have a week or lump it.
    Ive just had another JOB OFFER in DATA RECOVERY, They're coming in thick & Fast
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky View Post
      FREIGHT to I/T no competition or conflicts of interest. I have never had or ever signed a Contract.
      If you have not signed a contract you still have a basic one which should mean only 1 weeks notice. Don't hand in your notice until you have the job offer in your hand, in black and white (technically until you have accepted their offer in writing).

Once you have handed in your notice you can negotiate to end your contract early, some employers do it as a matter of course, some are real sh1ts and insist you work your notice period. If they do it's either walk away or a sickie.

If you walk technically it is breach of contract and they could sue, but the likleyhood is that they would get right out of the tribunal.

If you take a sickie and are discovered it's a discaplinary matter, but with only a week to go would you care????

This is my take on it, based on what I have researched in the past. I'm a union steward but dont tell everybody..... it might get me a bad name!!
      Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

They can have a week or lump it.
        Ive just had another JOB OFFER in DATA RECOVERY, They're coming in thick & Fast
        you seem to be getting lots of offers without interview? are you sure they are firm offers or just 'vacancies' for which you need to be interviewed first? Also job offers like this in IT tend to be 'Contractor' roles if they are without interview. Ie you can walk in and start work but they can get rid of you 2 days later so BE CAREFUL

Comment

Jeez, use your common Mark. Until you've got a job with conditions agreed/contract signed, you'd be a p1ssing muppet to quit. An interview or offer *IS NOT* a job.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
            Jeez, use your common Mark. Until you've got a job with conditions agreed/contract signed, you'd be a p1ssing muppet to quit. An interview or offer *IS NOT* a job.
            Sorry Mark, but I agree WHOLEHEARTEDLY with Matt, a little money coming is is far better than bugga all.

Trev
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

OK CALM DOWN!
              The one i went for i find only lasts for 4 weeks BUGGA
              (\__/)
              (")_(")

Comment

I tend to agree with the others but as you have no contract from your present employers they could be in breach of the regs - could be worth a phone call to citizens advice
                Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                Tony

Comment

OK CALM DOWN!
                  The one i went for i find only lasts for 4 weeks BUGGA
                  hehehe... you make me laugh... sometimes i can't tell if you're joking or not!
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

hehe 4 weeks

###### hell mate - 4 weeks long? Where I work - EDS (everything done slow) it would take longer than that for them to issue you a laptop. PMSL

Comment

Originally posted by lord_lancaster View Post
                      ###### hell mate - 4 weeks long? Where I work - EDS (everything done slow) it would take longer than that for them to issue you a laptop. PMSL
                      i'm trying for new boots... mine are smelly and have holes!!
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I'm sick of being Stitched up by these agencies, How come its me thats always out of Pocket. As for UMBRELLA companies they're also a rip off i got stung for £200 on my last contract as i had to pay there NATIONAL INSURANCE on top of the other deductions.
                        (\__/)
                        (")_(")

Comment

I'm sick of being Stitched up by these agencies, How come its me thats always out of Pocket. As for UMBRELLA companies they're also a rip off i got stung for £200 on my last contract as i had to pay there NATIONAL INSURANCE on top of the other deductions.
                          It's a sod these days Mark. Lifetime long jobs don't exist anymore. The fact that your skills/qualifications are somewhat niche doesn't help.

But, as always, you have to remember the fact that there are people in a far worse position than yourself. You have it good by some peoples standards.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                            It's a sod these days Mark. Lifetime long jobs don't exist anymore. The fact that your skills/qualifications are somewhat niche doesn't help.

But, as always, you have to remember the fact that there are people in a far worse position than yourself. You have it good by some peoples standards.
                            Its a BUGGA life bites back sometimes but i 'll get there in the end
                            (\__/)
                            (")_(")

Comment

Its a BUGGA life bites back sometimes but i 'll get there in the end
                              Best way to look at it mate. Just take what it throws at you and carry on. Obsessing over the futility of a situation leads to depressing yourself and nowt else. Not worth it. It'll get better.

Comment

Marky,

My wife has just looked at this as she got fed up with her current job (been there 4 months) and decided to move. She's now got a part time role in financial services accounts again (she's ex-Eagle Star), so she's happy.

She had to look in to the contract situation as she also did not have a written contract with her current employer. According to the information she found the company is actually in breach of the employment act as you are suppossed to get a written contract within 40 days of starting a job. As she didn't get one she is only liable to give seven days notice to leave her current job.

The other thing to do if you do get a firm offer is to give your seven days written notice and then suggest, in a very round about way, that you might not be that helpful to your colleagues or the company and they might tell you to bugger off immediately. Then you could start the new job and have your seven days pay in lieu of notice as well.
                                Mike G

Comment

Working...
                                X