• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ive just realised it would be a 17hr round trip drive
    as kind as the offer is im going to have to give it a miss, damm

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
      i enjoy doing stuff on the truck so won't want anything for doing it,if i can help someone and they are happy thats all that counts.We could get some lanes in aswell
      i havent forgotten either!

Comment

Originally posted by white akita View Post
        ive just realised it would be a 17hr round trip drive
        as kind as the offer is im going to have to give it a miss, damm
        you could make it a weekend thing if you wanted,travel down friday night do the lift then some lanes and travel back sunday,your more than welcome to crash here
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
          just give a shout when ya ready bud

Comment

wow your trustworthy aswell as kind, i could also be a land rover owner for all you know ! haha

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
              oh so me and nero not good enough for you now huh !!

besides if you visit stormy you have to keep your hand on your foo foo
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Thast ok. We can drag u out when u get stuck too.

Comment

Originally posted by white akita View Post
                  wow your trustworthy aswell as kind, i could also be a land rover owner for all you know ! haha
                  if u were u wouldnt make it that far without a ride on my truck lol

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                    oh so me and nero not good enough for you now huh !!

besides if you visit stormy you have to keep your hand on your foo foo
                    aslong as u stop the wind ups!lol,and wtf is a foo foo?

Comment

if its a lift on a landy then it'll be a first for me then and a laugh lol
                      Last edited by stormforce; 19 January 2008, 23:24.

Comment

We were only working for a few hours this afternoon/early evening.

My uncle came up with a 'new' way of doing it all. If we still had some day light it could've been sorted in an hour or so.

Basically. We undid the rad in situ. an then put jacks all around the body. lifted the whole thing up an fitted the spacer blocks. then whilst my uncle refitted the rad me an my cousin went round an tightened up the bolts.

One bolt was fubared! so that still needs sorting out. an only a few lil bits.

Pics will be tomorrow now - when i get some light!

Its now 3.5" taller then stock excluding any difference in tyre size!

Comment

And then the next important thing to do is to tell your insurance company about the mods….. otherwise it gives them a very good excuse not to pay out should you have a prang or the Surf gets nicked!
                          Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by PDR View Post
                            And then the next important thing to do is to tell your insurance company about the mods….. otherwise it gives them a very good excuse not to pay out should you have a prang or the Surf gets nicked!
                            Since when do insurance companies need an excuse NOT to pay out?

Comment

The only "dodgy" thing about jacking it up all at once is if it shifts slightly you'll have a bugga of a time lineing it up again,
                              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by PDR View Post
                                Quite right mate, Which is why they already know!! Its up to them if they want to pay out, but for the extra £50 they put on my premium for all mods declared - its hardly worth pi$$ ar$in around with!

Right, Body lift is 100% done now.

One of the bolts from 4crawler was fubared, so knocked up a new one today an sorted that out. An lifted the Winch bumper 1.5" to match the body lift. It sits just as flush as it used to

Comment

Working...
                                X