Body lift..... Almost done!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body lift..... Almost done!!

You'll all be pleased to hear i actually worked on the truck today!!

1.5" body lift, 90% done.

The blocks are in an bolted down, its driveable but the steering column needs sorting out a tiny bit.

All in all, went well! started late in the day so didnt manage to adjust the winch bumper. Thats on tomorrows agenda!

I got my mate to take a couple of pictures. so i'll put them on when i get them.

Well done wheres the pics, thats gonna be my next project when i finally finish sorting engines out
    www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

Took you an entire day to nearly do the bodylift?!?!?! You remind me of me! Think you need a lesson from supersonic-stein.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

so just how hard is a bodylift to do, im thinking ive got a 2" suspension and 31" tyres, id like a 1.5" body lift but im a bit crap when it comes to stuff like this,
        PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

the body lift isn't to hard to do,i reacon you should get it all done in a morning.Just remember to do the drivers side first.If you got a 3l you don't need to touch the radiator apart from remove the lower part of the rad shroud
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by animal View Post
            so just how hard is a bodylift to do, im thinking ive got a 2" suspension and 31" tyres, id like a 1.5" body lift but im a bit crap when it comes to stuff like this,
            Well, after speaking with TonyN the other day it looks like i'm gonna be finding out soon . Seems the hardest part is ensuring the gear levers dont foul the side of the exisiting holes and may need i little bit of metal removing and the gaiters moving around a little to stop them bunching up.

Comment

you may need to file a bit from the bulhead where the steering shaft goes thru.Undo the 3 adjusters on the shaft also.1 under the dash and 2 under the bonnet

Comment

anybody want to do a bodylift for me, ill buy the body lift kit and pay someone who knows what they are doing to complete the job for £150 !

edit, i have all tools that would be needed !

Comment

And dont forget to reconnect ur indicators when ur done. Cant think who would do that though.

Comment

Originally posted by white akita View Post
                    anybody want to do a bodylift for me, ill buy the body lift kit and pay someone who knows what they are doing to complete the job for £150 !
                    Rich, fancy a run up to darlington m8??

Comment

if you want to come down here and use the 150 for fuel then we'll do it for nowt

Comment

id much rather pay someone from here that has done body lifts before than pay a garage to experiment on my truck !#sorry if ive hijacked a thread

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                          if you want to come down here and use the 150 for fuel then we'll do it for nowt
                          i will take you up on that but theres no way id let you do it for nowt.

Comment

i enjoy doing stuff on the truck so won't want anything for doing it,if i can help someone and they are happy thats all that counts.We could get some lanes in aswell

Comment

Nah, let them do it for nowt

Its dead easy, really.
                              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                              X