Ball joint spacer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
    I wont be dropping the diff, kind off kills the point of 33s.
    Not entirey kills the point, as diff drop spacers r not put on to increase or decrease ground clearance. They r fitted to level out cv's in order to increase lifetime in and around that area.
    Fitting 33's has nothing to do with dropping the diff to level the cv's out.
    But then, i guess it depends on how each individual looks at the situation.

Comment

Its horses for courses, but for the amount of time the average owner is turning the front shafts, UJ wear when you've fitted manual hubs will be next to nowt.

If you were running 4wd continuously I'd agree with you, but as 99.9% of us are not, I dont.

I'd rather have the extra inch of clearance.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

here's a link to the extended braided brake lines if you decide to get them..
        http://www.toyotahilux.com/index.php?doc=16&vid=180
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I guess.......................i gotta get some manual hubs.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
            Can anyone help with pics and accurate measurments on a set of ball joint spacers, mate has milling machine and lathe and reckons he can make them.

Also wheres the best place to buy +3" springs would LC ones do and a set of +3" shocks front and back.
            I've started getting things together for my suspension lift. So far I've got the LC springs. You can come round and touch them if you like

I'll be going the LC springs, TJM +3 inch shocks, extended brake hoses, BJ spacers, wound up T-bars, ARB drop spacers, extended panhard rod and diff drop route. May get manual hubs later and lift the diff back up.
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
              I've started getting things together for my suspension lift. So far I've got the LC springs. You can come round and touch them if you like

I'll be going the LC springs, TJM +3 inch shocks, extended brake hoses, BJ spacers, wound up T-bars, ARB drop spacers, extended panhard rod and diff drop route. May get manual hubs later and lift the diff back up.
              Nah, get the hubs first and leave the diff up there out of the way. Last thing you wanna do is smack the diff on a rock - much more expensive than hubs

<edit> Check with Tony, but I'm not sure the TJMs are available in +3". Procomps are though (occasionally, and seemingly randomly).

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                with the spacers if you got an old upper ball joint then you can use that as a template for the spacer and then just get it made to the thickness you want.
                The springs you need are the Lancruiser HD J80 springs from milners
                TonyN or someone will tell you the best place for the shocks
                Andy, Rich are these the springs??
                part no 003784

http://www.milneroffroad.com/HDJ80.HTM
                Brian

Comment

Yep, thats them. Be aware, they dont sit properly in the spring cups at the top of the spring, but it hasn't be an issue for me.

Comment

Also, Ive read on yotatech that 2" ball joint spacers are not reccomended!

Personally i cant vouch for that mate, so id advice checking it out for yourself!

Just thought id give a heads up!

Comment

Re. the ball joint spacers, can you remember why Rod? Personally, I cant see any issues, unless they're made out of cheese or something. The ones I have are built like brick outhouses!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                        Re. the ball joint spacers, can you remember why Rod? Personally, I cant see any issues, unless they're made out of cheese or something. The ones I have are built like brick outhouses!
                        Im trying to remember mate. I agree with you, i cant personally see that many issues.

I know the answers are on Yotatech, Its probably just CV related mate.

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                          Also, Ive read on yotatech that 2" ball joint spacers are not reccomended!
                          Well, that's probably one of the most unquantified warnings I've ever seen. They're bad, but I can't remember why.............

Comment

I think the issue with anything but a mild ball-joint spacer lift is the amount it alters the wheel/steering geometry ie. alignment.