Ball joint spacer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball joint spacer

Can anyone help with pics and accurate measurments on a set of ball joint spacers, mate has milling machine and lathe and reckons he can make them.

Also wheres the best place to buy +3" springs would LC ones do and a set of +3" shocks front and back.
    Last edited by yoshie; 19 January 2008, 18:46.
    Brian

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
    Can anyone help with pics and accurate measurments on a set of ball joint spacers, mate has milling machine and lathe and reckons he can make them.

Also wheres the best place to by +3" springs would LC ones do and a set of +3" shocks front and back.
    i just got an old ball joint and used it as a template for the spacers.as for the lc springs they will give you at least four to five inches of lift. milners is the place to get them.and as for the shocks tonyn can do them or try explorer uk.you may need the extended braided brake hoses if you are going for the l/c springs.you can get them from roughtrax.p.s you wont need +3 shocks on the front as the spacers wont give you any more travel.
    Last edited by surfenstein; 19 January 2008, 18:50.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

with the spacers if you got an old upper ball joint then you can use that as a template for the spacer and then just get it made to the thickness you want.
      The springs you need are the Lancruiser HD J80 springs from milners
      TonyN or someone will tell you the best place for the shocks
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

The '+3" springs' a lot of people on here us ARE LC80 springs, from Milners for about £60 a pair. Procomp shocks are (sometimes!) available in various lengthened guises, but in my opinion are cheap for a reason. They work OK but get tatty very quickly. Probably alright in the sun drenched climes of Southern USA from whence they come, but mine are a bit dog eared now after 18 months on the truck.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
          The '+3" springs' a lot of people on here us ARE LC80 springs, from Milners for about £60 a pair. Procomp shocks are (sometimes!) available in various lengthened guises, but in my opinion are cheap for a reason. They work OK but get tatty very quickly. Probably alright in the sun drenched climes of Southern USA from whence they come, but mine are a bit dog eared now after 18 months on the truck.
          Thanks guys so would this set up work okay to give me 3" lift

LC80 springs
          2" ball spacers, tor bar wound for another 1"
          and TJM shocks all round (does Tony do these?)
          Manual Hubs (who does them)

I've 32.8" tyres coming but there only 11.5" wide and I want to see if I can get away with 3" before given into a body lift
          Last edited by yoshie; 19 January 2008, 19:45.
          Brian

Comment

Make sure u drive it for a day or 2 without touching the t/bars. It might might be level and not need them adjusting. I would say definately get the extended brakelines. If ur going for 2 inch b/joint spacers, u will wanna think about dropping the diff a little too, even though ur gonna fit manual hubs.

Comment

Plus, if I remember correctly, the spring cups are a tad small for the LC springs.

Comment

Yep they are Matt, but I've been running them for about 2 years now with no problems. Would be aesthetically better though with new cups to suit. Sure its not that hard...

Yoshie, yes mate, thats about all you need. TBH, I wouldn't bother dropping the diff if you have manual hubs. Why reduce ground clearance for no good reason? The front shafts will only be rotating for the time you're actually offroad.

Comment

Thanks guys, yep Andy I wont be dropping the diff, kind off kills the point of 33s. I spoke to Graham before and he tells me the manuals save a lot of cv boot changes. Should I stick with normal length shocks on the front if the spacers don't increase travel?
                  Brian

Comment

No, go for longer ones and cut down your bumpstops. There's potential for a fair bit more travel with an inch lopped off.

Comment

Cheers mate can Tony supply the shocks and hubs??
                      Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                        Cheers mate can Tony supply the shocks and hubs??
                        Yes he can! But the first TJM +40mm's he gets are MINE!!!

He does TJM hubs too, and mine have been reliable so far.

Comment

No bother if you got 18months from the pro comps with the time you spend in the muddy stuff they would do me fine for now I will drop Tony a line
                          Brian

Comment

The rods were rusty inside a month, however, they seem to work ok.

Comment

it would be a real good idea to get the extended ,braided brake hoses as well mate.they improve the braking effort greatly,and also allow use of your new found articulation without ripping brake lines off
                              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X