towing ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• towing ??

Hi folks you might have heard a few of us are heading to drumclog sat 2nd feb, im taking the surf and trying to get my pickup mot,d needs discs and a couple of small welds . so the mrs can use it.
    what i would like to know is the law regarding towing as if i dont get an mot and there is no tax or ins ,can i tow it up or do i need to use a tow dolly or trailer or how does it go if i use a solid tow bar????
    Scottish mud club

Originally posted by martyrsvr View Post
    Hi folks you might have heard a few of us are heading to drumclog sat 2nd feb, im taking the surf and trying to get my pickup mot,d needs discs and a couple of small welds . so the mrs can use it.
    what i would like to know is the law regarding towing as if i dont get an mot and there is no tax or ins ,can i tow it up or do i need to use a tow dolly or trailer or how does it go if i use a solid tow bar????

from what i was told a while back and any motor that is being towed has to be road legal unless its trailored
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I'd guess now that any vehicle not taxed must be off the road, your screwed if you flat tow it anywhere unless its going to a garage for MOT or work.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

if it's not taxed all 4 wheels should be off the ground, i think the powers that be are actually stipulating a height they must be above now aswell.
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
          if it's not taxed all 4 wheels should be off the ground, i think the powers that be are actually stipulating a height they must be above now aswell.
          i wonder why? is it just to make even more money out of us! why does it matter if you tow a vehical on a trailer 2inches off the ground or 4 foot off the ground

Comment

Working...
          X