yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Is It Always Cold / Raining When........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Is It Always Cold / Raining When........

.. your starter motor decides to start clicking a few times before it finally springs into life? Already used the search engine to find advice on removal and fitting new contacts etc, but would it have been too much to ask for it to have waited until summer?

'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Originally posted by Copycat View Post
    .. your starter motor decides to start clicking a few times before it finally springs into life? Already used the search engine to find advice on removal and fitting new contacts etc, but would it have been too much to ask for it to have waited until summer?

It's called "sod's law"
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

oops sorry...from the thread title i thought you were trying to find out/remember the name of a Travis song.

starter motors i know naff all about, but the song, incase you were wondering is by Travis - Why does it always rain on me?
      i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by Copycat View Post

Just as popeye says sods law, it means that in the height of summer you will only have overheating problems, or the electric windows all fail. Winter is reserved for the non-starting or major works.

Who's bright idea was it to buy a surf that needs an mot in February i've been pish wet through checking the damn thing over
        Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

I know that feeling ........if the weather had been better i might have finnished the truck by now ..........Oh for a big garage or a barn
          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

dont worry too much yet as my started started doing this too, ordered bits and found out how to sort the problem and it sorted it self! hopefully yours will mdo the same and wait till the summer. (better get it done in the warm and dry cos if i dont we all know it WILL break next winter!)
            it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

mine did the clicking thing
              since new batterys i have not had a problem with starting her up
              not heard the clicking since
              am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Hmmmm. Doesn't seem to do it when warm. Then again it doesn't struggle to turn the engine over one it has decided to do the job it's designed for. Ameter is showing correct charge rate (assuming the ameter is functioning correctly). Tested batteries and they are holding a charge.

With twin batteries is one a liesure pack and the other for starting etc or do they work in tandem?

'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Working...
                X