How Deep can you go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    Two years ago, I dismantled my viscous fan, threw some parts in the bin and then drilled three holes and bolted it solid.
    The result is a fan that is constantly turning with the engine.
    AH HA you have a bow thruster

Comment

It is one thing to go wading in a new truck….. and something quite different in a truck that is 10 – 15 or more years old with worn out and perished seals and gaskets
      Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
        My indicators spent so much time full of water that there's algae in them.
        Had the same thing with an L200, and with my Surf. Solution: drill a small hole at the bottom of the light (in the plastic); It won't fill up much faster, but it drains out nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by mud skipper View Post
          I have stopped in a river crossing in the past were the water was up to the waist line on the door, with no water ingress. when in deep water the water pressure on the doors helps seal them better, providing the seals are intact
          Thats really impressive!!! On thing that worries me about driving through water is leaks, I don't mind getting the truck muddy at all, but like to at least keep the interior dry, especially with amps under the seats etc

I was thinking about this yesterday, as I am planning on getting some decent door speakers... and wondering what the chances are of them getting wet and wrecked!
          More Lift.
          More Tyres.
          More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
            Thats really impressive!!! On thing that worries me about driving through water is leaks, I don't mind getting the truck muddy at all, but like to at least keep the interior dry, especially with amps under the seats etc

I was thinking about this yesterday, as I am planning on getting some decent door speakers... and wondering what the chances are of them getting wet and wrecked!
            I believe that you can get marine speakers that are waterproof?

Might be worthwhile if your ability to judge water depth is anything like your recent encounter with that muddy field “that looked Ok”.
            Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by PDR View Post
              It is one thing to go wading in a new truck….. and something quite different in a truck that is 10 – 15 or more years old with worn out and perished seals and gaskets
              I have experience of that one
              www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Wheel Bearings

Originally posted by Antshiel View Post
                I know, i spend quite a lot of time at severn valley boats so pick little trick bits up every now and then.
                Just to go back to this point about wheel bearings, I intend to tow a boat to the lakes to fish. I have never done this before and wanted to know more about this re- back axle and wheel bearings on the trailer going straight into cold water from the journey there. All tips greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by mick p View Post
                  Just to go back to this point about wheel bearings, I intend to tow a boat to the lakes to fish. I have never done this before and wanted to know more about this re- back axle and wheel bearings on the trailer going straight into cold water from the journey there. All tips greatly appreciated.
                  The text-book water entry procedure is to get out and inspect the water and crossing carefully; this also gives time for components to cool.

Basically, stop and give it 5 minutes. Doesn't have to be cold, just not hot.

Comment

cheers cat

Comment

i have had many cars and cant help myself from playing in the water
                      reading this thread i now under stand why i have gone throw more cars in deep water all in all about 8 cars of mine have had the problems that you get from hitting water too soon and too hard
                      proberly why i had so many cars
                      watch it tho the surf do leek a bit in deep water i felt it in the foot well last time i was in deep water comes from the bulk head somewere i drive bare foot alot
                      am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

As per my only water crossing in the old bus I never got any leaks carpets were bone dry after this is as far as I have ventured waiting for Tony to sort out the snorkel hint.

Cheers JB
                        Attached Files
                        www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Working...
                        X