Any electricians????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any electricians????

Nina's house has got REALLY old style fuses - and I wonder if there is an adaptor that can be used to allow us to put regular fuses onto the fuse box, or is it easier to replace the whole lot???

TIA
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

new consumer box dude,have a look on here www.screwfix.com
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Do you mean the old brown fuse boxes? Yes there are adapters available to enable the use of trip type fuses. I got mine from one of the B&Q superstores.

Comment

I think they do one that plugs in the old one and gives ya the trip fuses,
        summat i need to do, those old type are a pain.

vince is quick (bugga)
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

depends on wot u mean by old,,,,,,,,,if brown with dot either end ie red,white blue etc,then thes you can get adaptors,if ceramic,beige colour,then no,but tbh if it still has fuses maybe better with new fuse board,100 quid ish and approx days labour depending on the electrician,BUT if she has fuses it will mean wiring in house is 20-30 years old.....so it may either trip out,or be fine,but would you trust it??

Comment

Mmmm av been doin this job 30 years andy !! on the long run , get it rewired, honest, u wont look back,the regs have gone stupid, my advise is do it right, so as u can sleep at night, plus if u do it right at the end of the day u will def!! (come out one top) make more money , eg. elec cert, gas cert, and that peace of mind. hope this helps mate, need to no out else gis a shout.

Comment

ohhh, and i was going to come in here and seem really knowledgable as i'm 4 months into my apprenticeship (even though i'm 25 with 4 a-levels!), but then a true professional beats me to it^^^^^^^^^^

Martin
              Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

hi b16 !! good luck whith the rest of apprenticeship! bring on the 17th add, 48 and have to go back to school, am not looking forward to this, but its like the washing up its got to be done!!

Comment

Originally posted by joymic View Post
                  hi b16 !! good luck whith the rest of apprenticeship! bring on the 17th add, 48 and have to go back to school, am not looking forward to this, but its like the washing up its got to be done!!
                  my old mans been doin it for approx 45 yrs i did it for 5 but hated it???

Comment

am used to leaving the house in the morning with my tools ect now av got on site guide, part p regs, plus i have to pay a governing body £600 a f*****g year to WORK . the future is looking very bad for the consumer buuuuuuuut u will be safe. !!!! andy if u want a rewire give me a shout am sure we can sort something ,you 're good at computers, and am sh*t .

Comment

Working...
                    X