X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought 2gen 1992

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...4585%26fvi%3D1

Hi all

I have just bought the above 2.4 surf 145,814 Miles on clock. only £1000 which I don't think is bad.

Bit annoyed as there is a 3 Gen on here I want, I thought it had sold so bid on the 2gen. 20 minutes later i realized it wasn't sold, damn. I might still get the 3gen and then sell on 2gen mmm what to do...

Anyway. I have never owned a surf till now, and although I have read most of the threads particularly the what to check for. Is there anything else specific to this model that I should check when I pick it up.

Thanks
    Sean
    If it can be broken it can be fixed

All the best you will have fun with the od truck hope it runs trouble free for you for many moons to come.
    Cheers JB
    www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Just make sure there's no signs that it's overheated and that nothing appears to leak. Looks tidy from here though other than the missing side steps, but i guess it's up to you if you want them or not. There's so many people taking them off anyway you should be able to pick some up for a few quid, if you wanted them.
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

Congratulations on your purchase. Now complain that the advert is in error as 2nd Gens do not have ABS!!
        Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by Tallyman View Post
          Congratulations on your purchase. Now complain that the advert is in error as 2nd Gens do not have ABS!!
          ...or auto free-wheeling hubs...
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

What! no ABS .......honestly?

I have had vehicles before without ABS and since i have always got ones with it as i find it makes a big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by mckirdy-services View Post
              What! no ABS .......honestly?

I have had vehicles before without ABS and since i have always got ones with it as i find it makes a big difference.

Nope. When you go to get it, take it for a little run with the seller, go up to about 50 and stamp on the brakes. When he stops screaming, ask about the ABS.

What's with the weird 1970s registration number?
              Last edited by Sancho; 15 January 2008, 16:46.

Comment

You could always back out of the e-bay deal on the grounds that it is not as described in the listing… then just go and buy the 3rd Gen.
                Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Why is he selling it so fast? And why is it the same pictures? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=230203708817 Is it 2 IDs for the same seller?
                  it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
                    Why is he selling it so fast? And why is it the same pictures? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=230203708817 Is it 2 IDs for the same seller?
                    There's something in his questions about it. Says he bought it before Christmas then found out he couldn't get insured?????

Comment

he bought it on 20th Dec with no tax he sold it with no tax so he has never driven it? How does he know it has no faults I smell a rat walk away and buy a 3.0ltr mate
                      Brian

Comment

...or auto free-wheeling hubs...
                        Im not sure what auto free-wheeling hubs are ! but its not something that i was too botheres about.

However ABS is a must. I didint know the 2gen 1992 didint have ABS, The ad said it did so i asumed it it.. Im sure i have seen 2gen's before advertised with ABS or is it just the year?

What are auto free wheeling hubs? or am i being a bit thick?

I was going up there tomorow weather permitting! its 305 miles form here which is a long way to go for a wasted journey.

Just read last few replys... definatly not right.. it dosent add up, and ABS is not listed on previous listing.

I will email him and see what he says

thanks guys

Comment

No 2nd Gen ever had ABS, its an error/lie

Hasn't got Auto freewheeling hubs either, if it did the front hubs caps wouldn't fit!!

If you REALLY want to picky, they are only standard Toyota alloys, nothing 'big' about them. Also has saggy rear springs and the side steps are missing.

But nice truck though.

Originally posted by mckirdy-services View Post
                          Im not sure what auto free-wheeling hubs are ! but its not something that i was too botheres about.

However ABS is a must. I didint know the 2gen 1992 didint have ABS, The ad said it did so i asumed it it.. Im sure i have seen 2gen's before advertised with ABS or is it just the year?

What are auto free wheeling hubs? or am i being a bit thick?

I was going up there tomorow weather permitting! its 305 miles form here which is a long way to go for a wasted journey.

Just read last few replys... definatly not right.. it dosent add up, and ABS is not listed on previous listing.

I will email him and see what he says

thanks guys
                          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Bidder Bid Amount Bid Time

mckirdy-services( 9 ) £1,000.00 10-Jan-08 21:35:02 GMT

mckirdy-services( 9 ) £600.00 10-Jan-08 21:33:48 GMT

private listing - bidders' identities protected £150.00 10-Jan-08 17:02:08 GMT

Starting Price £10.00 10-Jan-08 11:40:55 GMT

If you and another bidder placed the same bid amount, the earlier bid takes priority. You can retract your bid under certain circumstances only.

Bid retraction and cancellation history

Bidder Action / Explanation Date of Bid and Retraction
                            private listing -- bidders identities protected Cancelled: £1,020.00
                            Explanation:not contacted prior to bidding Bid:10-Jan-08 21:42:06 GMT
                            Cancelled: 10-Jan-08 21:45:43 GMT
                            I have looked over the listings again (both) and noticed this.

Maybe I'm being skeptical but it looks like he tried to increase my bid amounts then withdrew the bid when it showed what my maximum bid was.

I have emailed him but looking at this and above replies i think i would be stupid to accept the surf.

I have never had any problems in ebay before everything i have bought only 9 things mind but including a boat and van have been pukka. Always good people. hmmmm

I don't like dishonest people..

Thanks guys for all your help

Comment

That Surf was on here a little while back - another guy looking for one or something!

It was deffo on here an was made out to be a bit dodgy then!

AVOID

Comment

Working...
                              X