Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

HI,
    I have just got a hilux surf almost 2 weeks ago, to be honest i don't know much about cars and things, so i normally would have had no idea that there was a hilux surf website, BUT i was shopping at tescos yesterday and while i was in the shop someone put a leaflet on my windscreen saying about this web site. So i thought i would see what it is like.
    I absolutly adore my surf, took a little while to get used to automatic though, but it is great to be mobile again, we got it at a Japanese import auctions, my fella wanted to buy me a pajero?...but it didn't like them i wanted the surf i got ( hurrah), I spent two days cleaning out the inside ( didn't think i would bother cleaning the outside of it ha ha ha!!).

Jo

Hi welcome to Surf madness, it starts off with a few visits here and then becomes an obsession
    Good to hear you saw sense and opted for the Surf.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

hi there, hope you get lots of fun from your new surf... which auctions did you buy the surf from?.........was there lots to choose from?
      CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

thanks Nigel & Julie,
        the whole family were over the moon when i brought it home, even my two boxer dogs kept looking out of the window at it lol, they get grumpy faces if i go out in it without them, have to get a dog cage to fit in the back now.
        Still got to get used to some of the buttons, and i still don't know how to put the 4 wheel drive on, plus all the buttons being in japanese doesn't help much, daren't really touch anything incase i break it then my boyfriend will give me hell....and probably ban me from driving it lol, unless he wants a lift to the pub that is..

jo

Comment

Originally posted by slim
          hi there, hope you get lots of fun from your new surf... which auctions did you buy the surf from?.........was there lots to choose from?

Hi,
          it was a north east auctions, there were quite a few surf's but more pajero's i got mine for £2,800, which is really good as all it needs doing to it is a fog light fitting.
          Went to pick up my eldest son from school this week, he pleaded with me to go for a spin in it ....so off's i drive to pick HIM up...only to find there are 7 of his mates all waiting to go for a spin too......the only words that i got out of them were "cool" and "awsome", i think i have just been rated as a "cool" mother lol

Jo

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy&Jo
            thanks Nigel & Julie,
            the whole family were over the moon when i brought it home, even my two boxer dogs kept looking out of the window at it lol, they get grumpy faces if i go out in it without them, have to get a dog cage to fit in the back now.
            Still got to get used to some of the buttons, and i still don't know how to put the 4 wheel drive on, plus all the buttons being in japanese doesn't help much, daren't really touch anything incase i break it then my boyfriend will give me hell....and probably ban me from driving it lol, unless he wants a lift to the pub that is..

jo

Don't worry you can't hurt anything unless you put the 4 wheel drive on when on grippy surface. the 4 wheel drive button is on the side of the high low gear lever.

whats real fun is getting it muddy so we hope to see you at the pit somed ay soon.
            ScubaSurf

The place to be is under the sea

Comment

HI,
              I have just got a hilux surf almost 2 weeks ago, to be honest i don't know much about cars and things, so i normally would have had no idea that there was a hilux surf website, BUT i was shopping at tescos yesterday and while i was in the shop someone put a leaflet on my windscreen saying about this web site. So i thought i would see what it is like.
              I absolutly adore my surf, took a little while to get used to automatic though, but it is great to be mobile again, we got it at a Japanese import auctions, my fella wanted to buy me a pajero?...but it didn't like them i wanted the surf i got ( hurrah), I spent two days cleaning out the inside ( didn't think i would bother cleaning the outside of it ha ha ha!!).

Jo

was that tesco in Hartlepool? if so it was me you will be sucked into the madness now, wanting lift kits, mud tyres, limo tints, etc, and by the way nice truck if it was you.

ship

Comment

What year is it Jo? 2.4 or 3.0? Whatever it is the price sounds good. I'm glad the flyers are working. (I must print some more off). Post a picture of your truck soon.

Enjoy the surf madness.
                It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by ship
                  was that tesco in Hartlepool? if so it was me you will be sucked into the madness now, wanting lift kits, mud tyres, limo tints, etc, and by the way nice truck if it was you.

ship
                  Yes Ship, that was me, I was doing some shopping with my mam, came back went to start the truck and noticed something on my windscreen, ( at first i thought someone had wrote about my dodgy parking ha ha). Paddy is the one that will want it all doing up, i am just pleased i am mobile again. So you live in hartlepool too then?

Jo

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                    What year is it Jo? 2.4 or 3.0? Whatever it is the price sounds good. I'm glad the flyers are working. (I must print some more off). Post a picture of your truck soon.

Enjoy the surf madness.

it is a 1992 2.4, i will post a pic as soon as i figure out how to put it onto the site.

jo

Comment

it is a 1992 2.4, i will post a pic as soon as i figure out how to put it onto the site.

jo

hi paddy and jo, yea i live in H/Pool, westbrooke ave. thats 4 pooly members on here, wer,e taking over . that the 1st flyer iv,e put out and i got a result . good price for your surf, i paid a bit more than that for mine and it,s a year older but i got a yrs warranty, so if you see a grey surf, same as yours, cept mine has chrome wheels and 4 little spotlights in town

ship
                      Attached Files

Comment

hi paddy and jo, yea i live in H/Pool, westbrooke ave. thats 4 pooly members on here, wer,e taking over . that the 1st flyer iv,e put out and i got a result . good price for your surf, i paid a bit more than that for mine and it,s a year older but i got a yrs warranty, so if you see a grey surf, same as yours, cept mine has chrome wheels and 4 little spotlights in town

ship
                        MARVELLOUS.....another surfer for the N/E
                        Welcome to the madhouse !!
                        Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

Originally posted by bensonsnuts
                          MARVELLOUS.....another surfer for the N/E
                          Welcome to the madhouse !!
                          BTW....Well done ship !
                          Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

Originally posted by bensonsnuts
                            BTW....Well done ship !

cheers geoff, and btw paddy n jo have you read the thread in the off-road section about langdale at easter? the more the merrier.

ship( off to print some more flyers )

Comment

cheers geoff, and btw paddy n jo have you read the thread in the off-road section about langdale at easter? the more the merrier.

ship( off to print some more flyers )

No i haven't...hopefully i will get a good look at the site tonight.(thanks)...i have just come back from Halfords....i only went to enquire about a cd player, the man there looked at me and looked at the car and started banging on about how i have wasted my money buying a hulix !!! and how a little fiesta would probably be better for me!!!!!!....humm i don't think he would have said that if it were Paddy who was asking about a cd player...they won't be getting anymore custom of me..gggrrrrrrrrr
                              will have a look at the thread later thanks

Jo

Comment

Working...
                              X