Uprated torsion bars.??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uprated torsion bars.??

Just wondering where to get uprated torsion bars,the thicker ones,since my front ends down a bit with the weight of the winch. Do the uprated ones give a lift as well???

Cheers
    www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

They wont give a lift per se, but I guess they dont need as much tension to get the increased height.

Have you got ball joint spacers? They might be better as your original torsion bars wont need to be under as high a tension to get the height, so the ride should be more pliant. *

* in theory. I haven't fitted mine yet.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Hi Smiffy

Hows it going.

Don't know about the torsion bar bit or Drumclog hope I can make it but it will depend on my finacial capabilities nearer the time. Fuel doesn't get any cheaper. I find I am having to think twice as hard now about every trip I make in the old girl and what it's going to cost.

The veg prices here are now same as diesel.

I'll let you know nearer the time.

Cheers JB
      www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

I thought roughtrax sold them m8.

Comment

Uprated Torson bars will be better than stock on a lifted truck, but they are spendy and people don't often bother. We have them on Linda's truck, and they firm up the front end nicely.

They arn't as stessed as a stock set, that are trying to hold up a much higher truck with its higher C of G round corners, as well as being twisted to get lift on top of that.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

168 squids from roughtrax.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
              Uprated Torson bars will be better than stock on a lifted truck, but they are spendy and people don't often bother. We have them on Linda's truck, and they firm up the front end nicely.

They arn't as stessed as a stock set, that are trying to hold up a much higher truck with its higher C of G round corners, as well as being twisted to get lift on top of that.

What would be best tony in your opinion??? Get the bars at £168 or BJ spacers??? My front end sits down cos the winch and it upsets me The ride of the truck aint that bad,perhaps a bit bouncy on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Highlander1
                Hi Smiffy

Hows it going.

Don't know about the torsion bar bit or Drumclog hope I can make it but it will depend on my finacial capabilities nearer the time. Fuel doesn't get any cheaper. I find I am having to think twice as hard now about every trip I make in the old girl and what it's going to cost.

The veg prices here are now same as diesel.

I'll let you know nearer the time.

Cheers JB
                Make it if you can JB.
                I can only make it on the Saturday but i'm happy with that. Trucks going in for MOT tmrw so fingers crossed. Diesel is £1.11 a ltr at one of the petrol stations here. I was all dieseled up on Sunday, read to go snow hunting to Fort William but the forecast was for rain so didn't bother.

Comment

Originally posted by smiffy
                  What would be best tony in your opinion??? Get the bars at £168 or BJ spacers??? My front end sits down cos the winch and it upsets me The ride of the truck aint that bad,perhaps a bit bouncy on the road.

In my opinion, I'd have the uprated bars AND the BJ spacers.

Spacers will get you lift, without over tightening the torsion bars, but you still have a higher truck (more cornering load on the bars), plus the weight of the winch, winch bumper and big heavy tyres on a stock set of (old) torsion bars.

Comment

Thats right Tony, scare us all!

Bet you aint sent me any TJM shocks yet have you?
                    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

In my opinion, I'd have the uprated bars AND the BJ spacers.

Spacers will get you lift, without over tightening the torsion bars, but you still have a higher truck (more cornering load on the bars), plus the weight of the winch, winch bumper and big heavy tyres on a stock set of (old) torsion bars.

I was thinking on or the other
                      Perhaps BJ spacers to start with,sure they'd be easier to fit
                      Just need to find some by the 2nd Feb.......................

Comment

I was thinking on or the other
                        I know, but you also asked my opinion!

I've got some coming from 4Crawler, but they often take a couple of weeks.

Comment

I know, but you also asked my opinion!

I've got some coming from 4Crawler, but they often take a couple of weeks.
                          Indeed i asked your valued opinion
                          I'll see how the MOT goes tmrw and see how many Surff $$$$$$$$$'s i have left

Comment

got them bj spacers and i have not touched the torsion bars at all,it sits at the same height all the way around,with lc springs on the back
                            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Make it if you can JB.
                              I can only make it on the Saturday but i'm happy with that. Trucks going in for MOT tmrw so fingers crossed. Diesel is £1.11 a ltr at one of the petrol stations here. I was all dieseled up on Sunday, read to go snow hunting to Fort William but the forecast was for rain so didn't bother.
                              Yep I was away all weekend with Miss H giving her some advanced motorway experience in the Toyota Carina. But if your ever heading to the Fort Give me a shout i'm only 1/2 hour up the road.

Cheers JB
                              www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Working...
                              X