Amber sidelights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great idea………

Until someone pulls out in front of you and then says “I’m sure you where indicating left as I saw an orange light on the front of your truck”.

There is a good reason why we don’t use the American orange running lights in the UK…. It can confuse other drivers!!!!!!
    Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Pah, I would have done it the hard way by drilling the back of the assembly to take a bunch of 10mm amber LEDs...
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I swaped my clear side light bulbs for amber, 501 5w bulbs. No hassle from the traffic cops,passed them the other day.

Last edited by smiffy; 14 January 2008, 20:44.
        www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

i got amber 501 bulbs in no trouble on road but cant get mot test done with them in swap back to white!

Lamps required by Regulations to be fitted to a vehicle to indicate its presence and width when viewed from the front.
          They must show a steady white light to the front, or a yellow light, if incorporated in a headlamp which emits yellow light.
          The light must be visible from a reasonable distance.
          On vehicles fitted with dim-dip headlamp systems, the front position lamps must be checked for operation with the ignition switched off. This may involve the operation of a separate switch.

Comment

Working...
          X