Amber sidelights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amber sidelights

Right, for ages ive wanted the lil amber bits on the sidelights. Like the USA 4runners have.

I got some sidelights off Sledges breaker and they were about an inch shy of meeting the headlight - devesating!

Would it be possible to remove the clear part on the sidelight then use some clear paint (like you would use on a model) to spray an orange part onto it, then just retro fit a bulb behind it?

Could that work?

Cheers guys!

rod.......just change bulb to amber,perfectly legal!

Comment

Have you thought about orange led's
      I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

I was thinking about amber bulbs - If this looks to be a pain in the butt, thats the route i'll take.

Kiowa - fancy going into more detail about the l.e.ds?

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
          I was thinking about amber bulbs - If this looks to be a pain in the butt, thats the route i'll take.

Kiowa - fancy going into more detail about the l.e.ds?
          rod u can buy them most places,or if u cant drag yr self away from computer,ebay,just push straight in,bout fiver a pair

Comment

maplins do a wide range of orange led's you could drill three or four holes in the back of the side light cover (the black part)push the led's into hole and super glue in place and wire them to the side light bulb
            I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

here u go lazy
              http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-LED-Car-Side...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Both good ideas!!

do the l.e.d's need resistors etc ?

better do a search on what kinda bulb it is - i think ive already asked before

Comment

Both good ideas!!

do the l.e.d's need resistors etc ?

better do a search on what kinda bulb it is - i think ive already asked before
                  click the link!!!,no resistors for sides,only if u do led indicators........

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2

well, as you made it so easy...... *ordering bulbs off ebay*

Comment

lol ok then,and if anyone ie mot tester or plod say u cant have them,they are wrong,white,yellow,amber are the only legal colours ! ,remember im the site chav/boyracer department,

Comment

Bulbs ordered!

EDIT: Yeah i know mate! Dont worry i wouldnt doubt what you say is legal / illegal!

Thanks for your help mate!

Comment

Am i missing something?

Are you wanting amber sidelights or the extra indicator blips as on pre-facelift models?
                          =========
                          =SOLD UP!=
                          =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
                            Am i missing something?

Are you wanting amber sidelights or the extra indicator blips as on pre-facelift models?

well, amber sidelights. - which i though could be easily achieved with getting the ones off a pre facelight with the amber blips but they didnt fit!

Comment

Bulbs ordered!

EDIT: Yeah i know mate! Dont worry i wouldnt doubt what you say is legal / illegal!

Thanks for your help mate!
                              no worries lol ,much more legal than my boot flashin with blue neon to the beat as i drive down road lolol

Comment

Working...
                              X