should i buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should i buy?

hi peeps am about to purchase a 92 hilux 2.4l automatic...but after reading thru lots of posts im wondering if this model of 4x4 has a known problem on the cylinder head and cooling system..i had heared this b4 but as i think it is a smart looking 4x4 and my first was willing to take gamble..am i risking too much??plz help fellas am supposed to be picking up fri??

reefer.

Originally posted by reefer
    hi peeps am about to purchase a 92 hilux 2.4l automatic...but after reading thru lots of posts im wondering if this model of 4x4 has a known problem on the cylinder head and cooling system..i had heared this b4 but as i think it is a smart looking 4x4 and my first was willing to take gamble..am i risking too much??plz help fellas am supposed to be picking up fri??

reefer.
    i was going to buy a 2.4 last yr, im glad i never from all i have seen on hear, its up to you but i would be very carefull, i bought a 3ltr auto that been great,get someone to go with you and check it out first.

Comment

Have a look at the poll under tech on the head problems and then say its that bad
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

2.4 heads

Hi it depends on what price you are paying and the milage on the car, if you are getting it cheap enough to replace the head when and if it goes. l always look for a good sound bodywork which most of the surf,s are very sound.
        Live Life To The Full

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
          Have a look at the poll under tech on the head problems and then say its that bad
          Without wanting to start the whole debate off again . I would say that 25% is a significant percentage .
          I had thought it may have been slightly more...but there again that figure is only likely to increase as people drive their surfs. It also takes no account of heads that may have been done before people aquired the car.
          I'm not knocking the 2.4.....as you know I've had mine 3yrs & had the head done last year.
          They are a great car.....but people are still paying top whack for them because they look so nice & drive so well.
          It worries me that these are the people who will have spent all their budget on a nice car.....& then can't afford to keep/repair it if or when the worst happens......been a few of them just lately.
          For the money I've spent on mine I could have had a really nice 3.0
          If I had known more about them 3yrs ago, I definitely would have gone for one of them.
          Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

Working...
          X