No announcement yet.

I'm new here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about erstwhile response no.6 to all Newbies?

"I think it's MTBilly, ban him!"

Only kidding, welcome mate - shame you bought the wrong colour though
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Right, i took the air cleaning system off, and the reason the lights weren't working is because the last owner didn't connect the earth!! BUT... now my problem is now that the fan unit of the system isn't working. the fan works when i battey is connected strait to the fan (diverting the circuit) but not when its all hooked up through the circuit, as it is originally. I've looked at the circuit boards, switches and wires, nothing seems to be scorched or out of place, and the fuse is fine. Its starting to get on my nerves now, so please help if someone has this system

Its called "Clean-Ace" by toyota.

sorry if this is in the wrong section??

Also, another question is that of the spot lights on the front stainless bull bars, they're not connected, but not wired in as they are just hanging out of the back of the lights. Can anyone help me with where to wire them in and which lights to hook them up to? i've got a fog light switch, which with the lights on lights up, so maybe i could connect it to that??

Sorry for all the questions guys!

Thanks for the help again guys,

Joe.
      1993 Toyota Hilux Surf 2.4TD

Comment

Failtie from the Highlands.
        www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Hello and welcome

You can connect your front fog lights to the switch, but just check to see if that switch isn't running your rear fog light too. It can still be used, but when you flip the switch both front and rear fogs lights will come on. So you won't have control over that.
          Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Thanks alot mate, i'll have a look later on and see what i can do..

As for the "Clean-Ace" problem, any answers? No worries if not.

Cheers again,
            Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by joe GT
              Just thought i'd say hello to everyone as i'm new on here.

I've just bought my first Hilux today, and i'm just learning the way of the 4x4.

Its a K reg dark green toyota hilux surf, 2.4 TD. in resonable condition when i bought it, its done 96,000 miles, drives lovely and doesn't seem to have any dodgy/strange noises from it at all! I've wanted one for so long, and this one popped up a few days ago for sale where i live (Isle of Wight) and finally plucked up the courage to take a look at it. it needed a good clean, hoover and polish, now looks beautiful.

The only little bits that are a bit dull is just the rear chrome bumper, has a few spots of surface rust which i plan to change or repair, and only a few small bits on the paint work just need a small blow over. Tyres are brilliant, really nice BK racing alloys and great service history.

I'll get a few pictures up soon, when it stops raining...

anyway, hope everyone's okay.

Joe
              Hiya Joe
              I'm the one you bought the surf from....glad you like her and happy truckin'
              HELEN xx

Comment

Right, i took the air cleaning system off, and the reason the lights weren't working is because the last owner didn't connect the earth!! BUT... now my problem is now that the fan unit of the system isn't working. the fan works when i battey is connected strait to the fan (diverting the circuit) but not when its all hooked up through the circuit, as it is originally. I've looked at the circuit boards, switches and wires, nothing seems to be scorched or out of place, and the fuse is fine. Its starting to get on my nerves now, so please help if someone has this system

Its called "Clean-Ace" by toyota.

sorry if this is in the wrong section??

Also, another question is that of the spot lights on the front stainless bull bars, they're not connected, but not wired in as they are just hanging out of the back of the lights. Can anyone help me with where to wire them in and which lights to hook them up to? i've got a fog light switch, which with the lights on lights up, so maybe i could connect it to that??

Sorry for all the questions guys!

Thanks for the help again guys,

Joe.
                This was my problem when i had it so its not the last owner who didnt connect it up! I asked on here when i first got her and no-one knew the answer, or rather anyone who did know didnt get back to me....maybe you'll have better luck asking than i did.
                HELEN xx

Comment

Hey! I'm loving the hilux, its so damn comfortable! I've managed to get the interior lights on the Clean-Ace system to work, just trying to get the fan to work now. no worries about the spot lights, i'll connect them up soon.

It really is a beautiful vehicle, and so easy to drive.

I've had 3 japanese imports in the past, none of which had the air cleaner system- so its new to me! i'm sure that they are a factory upgrade from standard, and around the price of £300 new.. so it wuld be nice to get it working- a bit of japanese heritage.

Had 2 Toyota Starlet GT turbo's in the past, then i bought a Honda Integra type-R... Nothing beats toyota's build quality though!

A bit of help would be great from someone in the 'know'.

Joe.

Comment

i put up on your other thread that igot one of these air cleaner/purifiers and mine comes on automatically
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

AIR CLEANER THINGY FIXED!!! re-wired the beast and she works now...

One thing to do- wire in spot lights

I'm a happy Surfer indeed...

Joe.

Comment

AIR CLEANER THINGY FIXED!!! re-wired the beast and she works now...

One thing to do- wire in spot lights

I'm a happy Surfer indeed...

Joe.
                        Great good luck to you.
                        HELEN xx

Comment

Working...
                        X