X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veg oil is it worth it?

Just been to local asda it was one of the last selling 15 ltr for £8.20
    Just before Christmas it went to £10.50 and now its gone to £11.50
    It's going up faster than diesel...I need a cheaper source around the Maidenhead area don't want to bother with the 1ltr ones..

Anyone local got cheep oil?

How big a deal is converting waste veg oil as I could have a free supply?

Cheers
    Mark

Originally posted by madcampbell
    It's going up faster than diesel...I need a cheaper source around the Maidenhead area don't want to bother with the 1ltr ones..

Cheers
    Mark
    Morning Mark,

Make sure you filter it well if you are using waste or you will soon be chugging to a halt with clogged filters

The waste would need to be treated to remove the fats etc or again you are looking at a clogged filter.

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell

Cheers
      Mark
      Yeah!! did'nt take em long to catch on did it, barstewards, last one i bought was £15 for 20lt from the chinese wholesalers, not much of a saveing plus it did me pump seal in, i may have a decent supply of used stuff too but till i find a quicker/easier/better way of filtering the shoit than the six funnels, pillow case and paper towel method i cant really be arsed, took me a bl00dy week to filter 15lt and now i'm too scared to put it in in case the pump goes bang,
      it's one thing being green but if ya aint saveing much doing it then b0ll0ks to it!
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE
        Yeah!! did'nt take em long to catch on did it, barstewards, last one i bought was £15 for 20lt from the chinese wholesalers, not much of a saveing plus it did me pump seal in, i may have a decent supply of used stuff too but till i find a quicker/easier/better way of filtering the shoit than the six funnels, pillow case and paper towel method i cant really be arsed, took me a bl00dy week to filter 15lt and now i'm too scared to put it in in case the pump goes bang,
        it's one thing being green but if ya aint saveing much doing it then b0ll0ks to it!
        I can filter approx 50 litres every 24 hrs and have an endless supply of oil that only fries chips. I only add white spirit when it's extremely cold. I filter it thru 3 tanks and after the 3rd it goes straight into the fuel tank.
        The surf runs on 75% veggi and 50% in extreme conditions. My filter system cos about £20 to make and replacement pillow cases are £1 a pair

Comment

If you now anybody with a cash and carry card you can pick it up for £11.00 for 20ltrs. Thats what i do as my bro has got one.

Comment

I have found on veg oil, that my truck gets less miles to the gallon and there does not seem to be as much power there on big long hills. Or am I doing something wrong.
            xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Originally posted by ohsupremebeing
              I have found on veg oil, that my truck gets less miles to the gallon and there does not seem to be as much power there on big long hills. Or am I doing something wrong.
              I found that there was less power when I was running very high veg oil (90% or so). Back down to 75% in the summer, 50% in winter and I don't really notice the difference. Mind you, that's with a 3.0.

I think I do get slightly less mpg too, but in terms of pence/mile it's definately an improvement.
              Paul </Slugsie>
              Immortal.so far!

Comment

Working...
              X