Switzerland Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switzerland Advice

Have a job coming up Sunday week in Davos, Switzerland. Have managed to persuade work that it would be better for me to drive and have a vehicle there (we are there for a week!). Wooohooo! lots of snow. Any of you kind people out there got any tips?
    Cheers
    Martin
    Nil illegitimi carborundum

Originally posted by Ace Piker
    Have a job coming up Sunday week in Davos, Switzerland. Have managed to persuade work that it would be better for me to drive and have a vehicle there (we are there for a week!). Wooohooo! lots of snow. Any of you kind people out there got any tips?
    Cheers
    Martin

Take it easy on the bends.

Comment

Don't brake if you start slipping on the snow. If you go down hill, try locking into a lower gear rather than using the brakes.

See my comments on the thread about preparing for holiday a few days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
        See my comments on the thread about preparing for holiday a few days ago.
        Thanks, checked that out. Didn't know about the reg docs though.

Comment

Thanks, checked that out. Didn't know about the reg docs though.
          Take the lot. They don't have seven day wonders and will impound it if they pull you and you haven't got them. They also need to put a copy of them windscreen if you need recovery back to the UK.

Comment

Thanks, I'll make a copy just in case. Lets hope I don't need it. Having just had a new head and complete coolant flush, topped up with the thick red gloopy stuff I am hopeful that I make it there and back in one piece!

Comment

Hi to all on the forum as I am newbie.Had my surf for a month.well pleased with it
              Last time I drove to switzerland, they will charge you a fee at the border and give you a sticker to display in your windscreen as a form of road tax it was about 30 euro but that was a few years ago, also I don't no what tyres you have on, but it is ilegal at this time of year to use anything but winter tyres on vehicles in switzerland.
              Hope i am not telling you something you already know

Comment

Originally posted by Burnham35
                Last time I drove to switzerland, they will charge you a fee at the border and give you a sticker to display in your windscreen as a form of road tax it was about 30 euro
                they do something similar to this in russia, and they should do it here rather than making the hard working citizens pay all sorts of stupid things
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Hi to all on the forum as I am newbie.Had my surf for a month.well pleased with it
                  Last time I drove to switzerland, they will charge you a fee at the border and give you a sticker to display in your windscreen as a form of road tax it was about 30 euro but that was a few years ago, also I don't no what tyres you have on, but it is ilegal at this time of year to use anything but winter tyres on vehicles in switzerland.
                  I have BFG All Terrains, hope that's good enough for them! Cheers

Comment

I have BFG All Terrains, hope that's good enough for them! Cheers
                    You don't need actual snow tyres but you need to be able to move through snow. ATs should be fine as long as you've got chains in case it gets bad. Read this, it's very useful:

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice...chtenstein.pdf

Comment

Drove the Surf thru Switzerland 2/3 months ago and the little sticker for your windscreen is £40 and will last you for 12 months, they won't tell you when you get to the border so REMEMBER to ask for it, if you get stopped without it you'll be coming home on foot as they are more ruthless than over here.

the snow was fantastic and on BFG A/T's the truck behaved itself(had chains with me,but didn't get to use them)Have a good time and also bear in mind that the drink drive limit is a lot less than ours too

Cheers
                      Paul

Comment

Working...
                      X