No announcement yet.

Old trucks to be banned from london!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just checked both my 92 2.4, and my 95 3.0, and they're both OK it seems. Pity really, and it would give me another excuse to never visit that god awful place again.
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Comment

i posted about this 6 months ago, but everyone ignored it!

some Surfs were registered as "motor caravan" as there was a loophole on the SVA regulations... these will have to pay the charge unless they are euro compliant engines.

as with buses and lorries... anything built after 2001 is Euro 3 compliant (i think)... so hey'll be ok up till 2010... but after that, all vehicles must be Euro 4 or better

i dunno if i got the numbers right... my LEZ book's at work.

anyone noticed all those little cameras (about 10 across on the top of lamp posts).... they're the ones for LEZ
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
        i posted about this 6 months ago, but everyone ignored it!

some Surfs were registered as "motor caravan" as there was a loophole on the SVA regulations... these will have to pay the charge unless they are euro compliant engines.

as with buses and lorries... anything built after 2001 is Euro 3 compliant (i think)... so hey'll be ok up till 2010... but after that, all vehicles must be Euro 4 or better

i dunno if i got the numbers right... my LEZ book's at work.

anyone noticed all those little cameras (about 10 across on the top of lamp posts).... they're the ones for LEZ
        Even after 2010 it still dont apply to cars, Joker you need to contact DVLA as your truck is an estate car and is driven in 2WD. They should change it for you with no hassle
        SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

its just one more thing to get grey hairs over though isnt it. gradually they will phase in tighter and tighter restrictions.
          everyone will accept this now, then a few years they tighten the collar. and no one will say much because its gradual.

on my mot, the emissions were less than 1/3 of its limit. so would they base what euro spec it is on its emissions? or is it done by year and engine size?
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Done the compliance check on mine and it is fine and thee is no mention of any date deadline….. but mine is a petrol Surf.

About the only time I go near London is to pick up snakes from the Animal Quarantine Station at Heathrow Airport and my place of work normally hires a small van for me……I guess it could turn out cheaper to use my Surf and claim expenses or hire an estate car instead next time.
            Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by PDR
              Done the compliance check on mine and it is fine and thee is no mention of any date deadline….. but mine is a petrol Surf.

About the only time I go near London is to pick up snakes from the Animal Quarantine Station at Heathrow Airport and my place of work normally hires a small van for me……I guess it could turn out cheaper to use my Surf and claim expenses or hire an estate car instead next time.
              no, a hire van will be less than 3 years old, so will have a Euro 4/5 engine
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by charvell
                Even after 2010 it still dont apply to cars, Joker you need to contact DVLA as your truck is an estate car and is driven in 2WD. They should change it for you with no hassle
                The estate car bit is the important one - 2WD or 4WD makes no difference at the mo' (until the nasal-voiced moron works out how to shaft 4wd owners legally... )
                Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Originally posted by charvell
                  Check your V5 it should say estate. if it dont there is your problem
                  They've stated changing them now, ready for some future tax no doubt, last year had both Linda's truck and my old 2 door got changed from 'Estate', to 'Light 4x4 Utility'

Completely out of the blue, new log books just turned up.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man

yeah ive seen them. are they XRAY cameras so they can see what engine you got
                    Tim
                    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

It's too far for me to go. But sounds crazy.
                      www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                        They've stated changing them now, ready for some future tax no doubt, last year had both Linda's truck and my old 2 door got changed from 'Estate', to 'Light 4x4 Utility'

Completely out of the blue, new log books just turned up.

dont take their cr@p! change it back?
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

it is def trucks etc,one of our rta trucks is in for 50 grands worth of engine work next week,and on a diff note with emmisions,i'd guess adblue will come into eventually

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2
                            it is def trucks etc,one of our rta trucks is in for 50 grands worth of engine work next week,
                            is it going to be a 1000lb/f monster? 9 second 1/4? rolleyes5
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
                              is it going to be a 1000lb/f monster? 9 second 1/4? rolleyes5
                              nope 0-60 in a week lol

Comment

Working...
                              X