NHS, don't you love it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by logey79
    so, off to A+E, "this is a job for your GP" then i explained the GP sent me to A+E and then it changed to "you should have come in when the attack happened" i was just about to have a rant at the daft bitch, then i just thought, screw it i cannot be @rsed with this, so just apologised for being a TAXPAYING - NON JUNKIE, NON SMOKING, WHITE BRITISH CITIZEN AND NOT AN ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT and asked how long i'd have to wait...3-4 hours.

goodbye was my reply.

anyway...when my jaw locks up at least i'll still be able to type my complaints to you guys!
    You got attacked by a creature, that in all honesty shouldnt be in a house and then because you have to wait at A&E for a few hours to get a Tetanus shot its everyone else,s fault ??? Did it ever occur to you that A&E might have been dealing with patients who were actually bleeding or actually suffering in some way ? and that a guy who needed a tetanus shot as a prophylactic measure was maybe a lesser priority. Not going to deny that your GP maybe misguided you but I think your rant at A&E is well out of order

Bogus
    Сви можемо

Comment

If you wanna come up here and bare your behoochie I'll give you a tetanus jab - works really well on the sheep.

Jacqueline
      Last edited by jax; 7 January 2008, 19:49.

Comment

the GP should have sorted it in the first place
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
          the GP should have sorted it in the first place
          Correct.

I won't bother making my usual points on Poles, immigrants etc etc not getting any preferential treatment other than to say that tabloid newspapers are for football and breasts, and not news or sensible opinions.

However, you would simply need to call your GP and say you need a tetanus jab and one of the nurses would do it. If, for some insane reason, they said no, just ask for an appointment with your GP and go along and ask him for a tetanus jab. When he gets the arse, tell him that its his recpetionist's fault.

Failing all of that, walk in to an NHS walk-in centre and they will give you a jab within half an hour. You don't even have to be someone from the same economic union just trying to make a living.

Comment

I love the NHS at the moment. Rang the emergency GP service just before 10am Saturday morning with an agonising pain in my side. By 11.30 I had seen a GP and was admitted straight onto a ward at the local hospital. Shortly afterwards I had a morphine shot and that made it all worthwhile. Can't fault the service
            Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

When we moved to Emneth from Harrow , we registared at the local Medical Centre . Before we could see a doc , the nurse had to give us a medical check over . Blood pressure , weight , height etc . This also included a Tetenus injection just to be on safe side. Well happy with this .
              Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus
                You got attacked by a creature, that in all honesty shouldnt be in a house and then because you have to wait at A&E for a few hours to get a Tetanus shot its everyone else,s fault ??? Did it ever occur to you that A&E might have been dealing with patients who were actually bleeding or actually suffering in some way ? and that a guy who needed a tetanus shot as a prophylactic measure was maybe a lesser priority. Not going to deny that your GP maybe misguided you but I think your rant at A&E is well out of order

Bogus
                erm...the point that i thought i succeeded in making was that the GP should have dealt with this because you're right, hospitals should be for genuine emergencies which is why i wouldn't have considered going there 1st. then the 2nd point was the attitude I got from the staff 1stly at the GP's then at the reception at the hospital. the rant was well in order, since this is the 2nd time that i've needed a little back from a system i and my family have paid into since day 1 of working, and have failed to get an acceptable response.

with my back which i needed an ambulance for they take me to a doctors surgery when i could barely move, then with this minor thing they send me to A+E and on both occasions i've been treated like SH!T so i decided to give a little back for once.

yeah, an iguana should be in the wild and i don't support the import of non-indeginous reptiles, but a dopy girlfriend bought this one when it was a baby 10 years ago and if i hadn't taken over it's care from the age of about 6 months the thing would have been released into the wild here (which is illegal and cruel). so tell me, if someone was bitten by a dog, would you have said the same thing, and you can't argue the domesticity case because dogs weren't originally a domestic animal.
                Last edited by logey79; 8 January 2008, 05:06.
                i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                  OFFERS................you have to pay some one to take the gaymobile, as most (except gwh ) wouldn't be seen dead in it
                  mobile is the important point here yeti!!!

how often has yours been mobile recently!!! and gold is the colour of winners and champions, blue is for those who don't get a podium place.

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
                    mobile is the important point here yeti!!!

how often has yours been mobile recently!!! and gold is the colour of winners and champions, blue is for those who don't get a podium place.
                    But i thought that yours was off the road after you had back problems and the cost of running it against running you taxi cabs

If you managed to keep it all going .............WELL DONE

What did the bank manager get,,,,,,,,,,a goldmember
                    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                      But i thought that yours was off the road after you had back problems and the cost of running it against running you taxi cabs

If you managed to keep it all going .............WELL DONE

What did the bank manager get,,,,,,,,,,a goldmember
                      just needed brakes doing, so it was a case of it always being mobile...just a problem getting it to become stationary!!!

Comment

It rains iguanas

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/brea...ry/365463.html
                        www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

thats quite mad. how cold does it have to get?
                          it says their cold blooded so from what i know, their blood is the same temp as the place they are in?
                          so it must like put them in some sort of coma
                          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

your right gp should have gave you tetnus instead of a&e. but then he might hve thought youd be better there n if he had given you a tetnus it might have been wrong thing of the type of bite? only thing i can think off.
                            i hate it when they give you appointments n it goes over your time by a hour ,then i go crazy at them. i say would you wait for a taxi for a hour now i dont mind cause if i have a appointment im normally seen within half hour so i dont mind waiting then.

Comment

Working...
                            X