• Show
Clear All

• Total yota

Bye bye zooki......

Hellooooooo Cruiser.....

Any body know about these LJ70? or know of a good land cruiser forum

Mark......
    Let taste be the enemy of art!

Very nice, but what made you sell the zook? Take it your gonna be using the LC for trialling now then?
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

those wheels look soooooooo small nice truck
      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Hi Mr E Did your suki die, i thought it was only in 2wd for a bit the other week.

Dont know about that lancruiser but i had a 86 longwheel base did over 250k no probs
        www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

Nice truck!!

I nearly got one of them after selling my 1st surf ... didnt in the end.

You know, i think that even if i sold my surf i'd still be here asking questions about other cars/trucks!

Someone here always knows.

Comment

I really like that! Certainly developing a 'thing' for old Landcruisers.

Isn't there any owners on Difflock?
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Hi Nero, Yes this will be my new trialer, Zook was THE best trialer, but was crap for long distance, and with the LR90 gone I need something for the Triangle Vert and other comps in France this year.

Joker, your powers of observation are a credit to you That is the 1st thing I'll correct

Tiger, No it didn't die! I just had a senior moment and forgot to put it back in 4WD after lunch

Mark........

Comment

Apache,
                Yes a few, will pop over that way in a min or two.

Rodleach, Thanks glad you like it, I'm the other way, I buy somat and then ask WTF have I bought

Mark.......
                Last edited by MrE; 6 January 2008, 23:57.

Comment

should have lsd front and rear my old one was unreal it never stopped or got stuck?

Comment

Originally posted by MrE
                    or know of a good land cruiser forum

Mark......

http://www.tlocuk.co.uk/forums/

Sripad has been try to sell me his old 2.4 LJ70 as he has a newer 3.0 one now, if I wasn't trying to clear our junk out I would have been intersted.
                    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I'm very fond of Land Cruisers, uesd them a lot in Africa.

Is this site any use:

http://www.ih8mud.com/cruisertech.php
                      Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Cheers Tony and PDR, Both the sites are just what I'm looking for. I've read that there Achilies heal is poor articulation (as standard) so I'm hopeing thats been sorted. The guy I'm buying it off hasn't a clue about the suspension spec/details (not so much a well of knowlage, as a damp coffee stain) so I'll have to wait until I pick it up Saturday to see what I've got

Mark.......

Comment

Well I picked it up Saturday, didn't get home until 8.30pm.

Had a wee look over it today to see what bits it needs for the MOT.
                          Its got all new OME springs/shocks/steering, the rear brakes were listed as being below par on MOT fail sheet, popped a wheel off and there are 30mm solid billet spacers and BRAND NEW Drums, shoes and slave cylinders which haven't done more than 50 miles so haven't bedded in.

Its got full service history and a big wallet of bills from new, a new radiator, glow plugs, cam belt and locking hubs.

The G-wagon dealer who sold it advertised it with diff locks, it hasn't its got LSD, so I knocked him down another £200 and got the Cruiser for £1500 in the end
                          Now for some 33"s

Mark..........

Comment

Nice one

Might just have to come see it in action somehow, somewhere, somewhen.
                            =========
                            =SOLD UP!=
                            =========

Comment

Working...
                            X