ethernet through mains wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ethernet through mains wiring

im just sitting here happily on the pc checking emails, when i hear this click and a BANG!

my netgear ethernet thingy just blew up :/ now it smells like burning plastic.

wonder why that happened.. now i need a new one
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Uh oh!! I see youre a 2.4 owner. Sounds like the heads gone, have you checked your router for exhaust gases ?? Have you overheated it lately, maybe by posting too often or by logging in to HOT sites ??

Bogus
    Сви можемо

Comment

the head has definatly gone! there was a strange smell and there is no power!

i dont know about those sites you have told me about but it has been definatly some serious online gaming these past few nights. must be all those hyperactive americans.
      funny though..

the thing that blew is only about 7 or 8 months old. but because ive moved i dont know where the reciept is. it may be at my mums. but ive bought another one now so i can use the net.
      im going to take the broken one back with the new reciept. i dont think this is out of order

whatever blew up inside is now rattling though. they might think ive dropped it. still smells like its been set on fire too
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Do take it back... it should be able to work for years 24/7 ... the worrying thing is it might pose a fire risk..god knows how many others are out there that could start smouldering

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Working...
        X