Starter How to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starter How to

Hi - is there a How To guide to changing the starter on the 3.0??? Woodzie reckons it's a 30 min job........we shall see....

TIA
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

I have a print out of how to do it here but i cant find where i got it. it was from a link on here. will have a look if not the person who gave it to me will be along to help soon!
    it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
      Hi - is there a How To guide to changing the starter on the 3.0??? Woodzie reckons it's a 30 min job........we shall see....

TIA
      Only if you have a body lift.......the biggest problem was doing the top bolt up
      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

I've got a body lift, so should be OK....I hope
        Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

In through the wheel arch mate top bolt is a pig cause its so close to bulk head lift may help that aside the rest is a easy remove the fuel filter bolts an move it to the side to give you room to lift starter up and out
          Brian

Comment

Before I did my bodylift, I got mine out through the top! Remove fuel filter and pass it up through the hole. Works!
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
              Before I did my bodylift, I got mine out through the top! Remove fuel filter and pass it up through the hole. Works!
              and works easily.

A flexable ratchet spanner is your good friend for the top bolt.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Dont know about 30mins. Took me about two hours. In the end I did it where it was through the wheel arch as I couldn't get the bugger out. Let us know how you get on. This may help
                http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...tarter+removal
                Trust your Hound.

Comment

(1st time I did it) About 10-15 mins to get it out, 20 mins to change the contacts and 10 mins to put it back. It was a faff cos of taking the fuel filter assembly off, but not difficult.
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                  X