CB antenna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CB antenna

i have just brought a CB antenna and it says i can adjust it 26-28MHz any ideas? also how can i tell if my CB radio and the antenna is working if no1 is on the waves. i brought the radio 2nd hand off ebay.

Originally posted by toyboata
    i have just brought a CB antenna and it says i can adjust it 26-28MHz any ideas? also how can i tell if my CB radio and the antenna is working if no1 is on the waves. i brought the radio 2nd hand off ebay.
    dont know how far where you live is to newhaven but im in newhaven on friday afternoon if anyhelp
    youll need a swr meter to swr in ariel

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm
      dont know how far where you live is to newhaven but im in newhaven on friday afternoon if anyhelp
      youll need a swr meter to swr in ariel
      That will only confuse him even more
      Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

its got swr on the radio :S

this is the antenne i got
        http://www.4x4cb.com/public/item.cfm?itemID=713

Comment

bad timing man!!! i'm in aldershot, but can't use my CB until i put everything back together in my surf! i should be able to get it finished saturday morning so if you're still stuck then PM me and we'll see if it works.
          i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
            i'm in aldershot,
            how comes i never see you in big tsco??

(i'm usually hanging in the toys section, eating donuts!)
            Last edited by da SLUG man; 3 January 2008, 17:53.
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

coz tesco's is sh1te!!!!

shop at sainsburys farnham, where the shelves are stacked more than once a month and the MILF's are pedigree, unlike the 6-kids-by-age-of-19 ones you get in tesco!!!

do they have a good toy section in there then?

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
                coz tesco's is sh1te!!!!

shop at sainsburys farnham, where the shelves are stacked more than once a month and the MILF's are pedigree, unlike the 6-kids-by-age-of-19 ones you get in tesco!!!

do they have a good toy section in there then?
                yeah!... the one at the meadows!!... the toy section's massive! (as far as tescos goes!!)

i mooch around there, maybe pop up to the cafe while Mrs Slug buys food and cr@p... sometimes i pop to the other end cos they got a food testing area and might ask me to do a survey on pizza!!

it's the closest decent shop... i usually use Sainsbury or Waitrose, but Bracknell Sainsbury's is Sh1te!!
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

oh i thought you meant tesco aldershot...worse than a one stop in moss side it is.

yeah the meadows is cool, used to have a better dvd section than its got now. i go in there and bug the staff by asking them a million questions about the latest t.v's and to be fair, they're not complete divs in there, and some are so nice it takes them at least 5 minutes before ignoring me!

that car park is a joke though! you need sat-nav to find the quickest way out from it!

Comment

its got swr on the radio :S

this is the antenne i got
                    http://www.4x4cb.com/public/item.cfm?itemID=713
                    I got the exact same antenna on my surf, if you got it straight out the wrapping it should be pretty much ok to use right away.
                    Having said that, you should at some point get the SWR(standing wave ratio) checked on a meter,this will enable the radio to put out it's full power potential. A bad/high SWR can result in the radio mod/amp chip blowing.

Hope this is of some help to you

Cheers
                    Paul

Comment

i went and brought a brand new cb radio today, the moonraker minor. it was only when i got it home did i realise it broadcasts in 27mhz, the antenna only adjust 26-28. have i wasted money?

Comment

that'll be fine mate, normally to tune the aerials there's either a little grub screw so you can slide part of the aerial in and out, or they're designed slightly over length so you just cut off a little bit until its all SWRd up mate so the adjustment is infinite between those two points, not one or the other.

...In normal talk - Any Cb will work with any CB aerial.
                        =========
                        =SOLD UP!=
                        =========

Comment

my head hurts but i think ive got it cheers

Comment

my head hurts but i think ive got it cheers

Your head hurts!!! i have no idea what any of you are on about!!
                            it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

i have no swr on this radio

http://www.g2radio.co.uk/Details.cfm?ProdID=603

its a very simple radio. the antenna is set to 26mhz and i hear nothing

Comment

Working...
                              X