• Show
Clear All

• hell yeah! american trucks :)

a few vids of some diesel V8's

one
    Two
    three
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

yep love em big heavy american lumps of steel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDp7PnwnH0Y
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

Awesome!

I love the 2nd gen Ram shape!!

Comment

I drove behind two today, a chevy surburban and gmc safari, the chev look'd nice but the gmc looked like a van, toooo square
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

the suburban also comes in a diesel v8. 6,5 litre I believe. I like the one in the sopranos- its burgandy
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Suburbans are nice but they are HUGE especially the older models,

The problem with American trucks is that most of them come complete with a HUGE price tag!!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
              Suburbans are nice but they are HUGE especially the older models,

The problem with American trucks is that most of them come complete with a HUGE price tag!!
              are you sure? I thought american stuff was half the price of uk stuff AND bigger and better
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
                are you sure? I thought american stuff was half the price of uk stuff AND bigger and better

Most american trucks are still expensive by american standards.

A 07 Dodge can set you back a lot of $$

The only 'cheaper' way to import anything here is to get something older then 10years so it will class as exempt for the SVA tests. (i think thats how it works)

But either way, Its an expensive way of motoring a 2nd gen Ram is about 13mpg - start putting bigger tyres on an your looking at single figures. So then you have to fork out on LPG to make it a bit more wallet friendly - All adds up to being big money!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
                  Most american trucks are still expensive by american standards.

A 07 Dodge can set you back a lot of $$

The only 'cheaper' way to import anything here is to get something older then 10years so it will class as exempt for the SVA tests. (i think thats how it works)

But either way, Its an expensive way of motoring a 2nd gen Ram is about 13mpg - start putting bigger tyres on an your looking at single figures. So then you have to fork out on LPG to make it a bit more wallet friendly - All adds up to being big money!
                  might be cheaper for me to just move to america. plenty of space out there for off road. ...
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

a few vids of some diesel V8's

one
                    Two
                    three

The Dodge Ram is the best truck on the planet. Period.

I've been after one for ages, but couldn't afford one here. BUT. I've got a job in Canada that I'm emigrating for towards the end of this year and me and the other half are going to go halfs and buy a one or two year old 1500 Hemi Sport. I love the big diesel V8's but they are pretty rare and are (I think) 6.2lts.

All this for £13,000...

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/d...5&pgno=1&srt=1

Comment

The Cummins Turbo in Dodge rams are 5.9ltrs.

Ive had the pleasure of standing in front of an open bonnet whilst one was fired up, monster of a noise an very very loud.

Im so envious of your position moving to canada, Id love to move to the USA but i'd stuggle to leave my family behind. Maybe in a few years. But good for you mate!

Comment

Your right there, very expensive motoring, i only got around eight to the gallon in the short time i actually drove my buick and the chrysler, buick was
                        430cu in and the new yorker was 413 cu in (whatever that is in cc)
                        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                          The Dodge Ram is the best truck on the planet. Period.

I've been after one for ages, but couldn't afford one here. BUT. I've got a job in Canada that I'm emigrating for towards the end of this year and me and the other half are going to go halfs and buy a one or two year old 1500 Hemi Sport. I love the big diesel V8's but they are pretty rare and are (I think) 6.2lts.

All this for £13,000...

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/d...5&pgno=1&srt=1
                          do you have any pics?
                          i really like dodge rams. ive always thought the 3500 was the one to have

my mate is also in the process of moving to canada.
                          if there was a way i could as well then i would be off in 2 seconds.

is the 1500 hemi sport a petrol? the hemi means it has half bowls in the heads. cant remember what this is for exactly but i think its so the air gets in and out better
                          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE
                            Your right there, very expensive motoring, i only got around eight to the gallon in the short time i actually drove my buick and the chrysler, buick was
                            430cu in and the new yorker was 413 cu in (whatever that is in cc)
                            about 6.2 i think
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

do you have any pics?
                              i really like dodge rams. ive always thought the 3500 was the one to have

my mate is also in the process of moving to canada.
                              if there was a way i could as well then i would be off in 2 seconds.

is the 1500 hemi sport a petrol? the hemi means it has half bowls in the heads. cant remember what this is for exactly but i think its so the air gets in and out better

the 1500/2500/3500 are just respective of use etc.

You will find more 3500 Power wagon duallys then 2500 duallys and i dont think the 1500 is available in dually.

Plus 1500 rarly have the amber clearance lights. Its aimed more at private and light use where as the 2500 is a bit more of a working truck with the 3500 aimed highly at towing large loads. Of course each one is awesome!!!

The HEMIs are all petrol, i believe they produce approx 350bhp. with the 8.7ltr Viper engine in at 500bhp and shocking MPG!!

Its beyond me how a 8.7ltr engine can only produce 500bhp. but there you go, The SRT dodge with the viper engine whilst awesome dosen't really have suspension to cope with its power

the best way i heard it summed up was "If the sound dont kill ya, the trucks poor handling will"

Comment

Working...
                              X