hell yeah! american trucks :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RodLeach
    the 1500/2500/3500 are just respective of use etc.

You will find more 3500 Power wagon duallys then 2500 duallys and i dont think the 1500 is available in dually.

Plus 1500 rarly have the amber clearance lights. Its aimed more at private and light use where as the 2500 is a bit more of a working truck with the 3500 aimed highly at towing large loads. Of course each one is awesome!!!

The HEMIs are all petrol, i believe they produce approx 350bhp. with the 8.7ltr Viper engine in at 500bhp and shocking MPG!!

Its beyond me how a 8.7ltr engine can only produce 500bhp. but there you go, The SRT dodge with the viper engine whilst awesome dosen't really have suspension to cope with its power

the best way i heard it summed up was "If the sound dont kill ya, the trucks poor handling will"
    i know what you mean. 500hp is available in smaller engines. but i bet their torque would vary greatly.
    bhp is worked out from a balance of engine power and gearing ratios.
    torque is probably more important than bhp

funny cars and dragsters are about 8 litre odd, but they are stupidly tuned - their engine life wouldnt last long enough for a dyno run
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Here is the facts.

http://www.dodge.com/en/2008/trucks/

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach

Its beyond me how a 8.7ltr engine can only produce 500bhp. but there you go,
        But it will make 500hp for about 50 years!!! The nice about Yank motors is they go on and on as they are substantially detuned for what the mechanics of the engine can take.

Also means you can get big gains for little effort when modifing them.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

about 1000lb/f of torque or more in that cummins diesel engine.
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
          X