Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surfs off the road for a few weeks

well the surf is parked up for a few weeks now
    the main reason is i cant afford to tax it for a few weeks and it ran out yesterday
    but also over the next few weeks i have got a few things to do
    .change all fluids again as they are looking quite dirty
    .replace exhaust manifold gasket which is blowing
    .get stainless exhaust made as i currently have no exhaust
    .change waterpump which is still phubbered
    .re-tax it
    .apply stickers when they arrive
    .remove rad and clean it properly as its still blocked (mainly fins with mud)

so if it does snow it looks like im gonna be driving around in the snow in the scooby
    PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Tried that in a scooby impreza wrx, scary business in the snow, you would think it was good but noooooooooooooooo.
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

i was driving the scooby around in the snow last year , and talk about brown pants moments and no grip, 4 wheel drifting was all you could do

Comment

Ditto that i thought 4wd great, just means you go sideways instead of forward
        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

My sister had an imprezza, now a BMW M3... luckily they keep a fiesta in the garage for winter!!
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
            My sister had an imprezza, now a BMW M3... luckily they keep a fiesta in the garage for winter!!
            Yeah im not looking forward to any snow as i changed my surf for a BMW 3series coupe and if thats not bad enough its got 17" alpine wheels with those dam uncomfortable low profile tyres. Dont think il be going anywhere in the snow, infact i struggle with a lite frost
            Cheers
            Scotty

Drink Jagermeister Responsibly

Comment

I had a bog standard e36 2.5 and that just went in circles, had to get 3 mates to stand in the boot to get in onto my drive
              Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

the road i live on is on a slight incline and watching the beamers trying to get up it in the snow was not only very funny but also very lucrative for me and the surf.

Comment

p.s. don't forget to SORN the surf while it's off the road!
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

yup already done it online today. so all sorted, but cheers for the reminder anyway

Comment

Originally posted by avalon
                      Yeah im not looking forward to any snow as i changed my surf for a BMW 3series coupe and if thats not bad enough its got 17" alpine wheels with those dam uncomfortable low profile tyres. Dont think il be going anywhere in the snow, infact i struggle with a lite frost
                      I had a merc coupe a 300CE with big fat low profile tyres...and i live on a steep hill.... she was completely useless...she just sat there spinning even with the auto box locked in low gear and me being in snail mode..i had to abandon her at the bottom of the hill with the slightest hint of snow...mind you normal front wheel drive stuff vectras etc could get up it either

Back in the day Baby

Comment

ah well just another excuse not to go into work
                        "sorry not coming in today the car is sh*t in the snow"
                        Cheers
                        Scotty

Drink Jagermeister Responsibly

Comment

this is one reason i got the surf as moving about in the snow in the soarer is not really an option on 18" wheels with 40 x 245 tyres all round ,its like driving a powerful unguided snowboard,hopefully the surf will serve me better.

Comment

Bah, a couple of winters back I had an MR2 with the rear tyres down to the canvas *cough* that was interesting in the snow/ice!!

Last year I was driving a 944 which was fairly entertaining, especially as it still had the original spec 80s tyres on it! The only car I have actually had problems with in snow is a FWD volvo lol
                            More Lift.
                            More Tyres.
                            More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra
                              Bah, a couple of winters back I had an MR2
                              Ditto, I had a MR2 before I bought the Surf….. they do seem to get through rear tyres very quickly and I found myself driving very slowly along the A41 on tyres that where getting a bit low on tread (just about still legal)….. sliding all over the place and having to suffer the embarrassment of wagons and double decker busses overtaking me as I struggled to keep the dammed thing in something resembling a wavy line.

At least this year I’ll be ready for anything the weather can throw at us.
                              Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Working...
                              X